Thread: 2017 CX-9 rear bumper chrome trim replacement

2017 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

2017 CX-9 rear bumper chrome trim replacement

Hello all. Wondering if anyone knows how to replace the chrome trim from the rear bumper down by the exhaust tips. I scuffed it and have ordered a new piece to replace it
    2017 CX-9 Grand Touring Machine Grey
    Mazda Mobile Start (MMS)
    SunTek clear PPF (partial hood, fenders, headlights, bumper, side mirrors & door cups)
    OEM all-weather mats
    OEM splash guards
    iJDMtoy 24W High Power Amber 7440 W21W T20 (no resistor) LED rear turn signal lights
    iJDMtoy 50W CREE T10 LED Backup Reverse Lights 921

Matching factory tint on driver and passenger windows

OEM Crossbars
    Yakima Showcase 15 Quicksilver

Remin Real Carbon Fiber dash kit
    Waylens Secure360 Dashcam

Registered Member

Did you figure this out? Iím also wondering how to remove the rear bumper chrome trim at the bottom.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by bry4926 View Post
    Hello all. Wondering if anyone knows how to replace the chrome trim from the rear bumper down by the exhaust tips. I scuffed it and have ordered a new piece to replace it
    FYI, you should get a front trim piece in the same box. Itís considered an accessory so all items are included.

I had a rear bumper repair. The body shop ordered my trim piece almost two weeks ago and itís still not in. They are going to do the install and said it only takes a few minutes. I may leave it off as I like the way it looks without it.

Sorry I couldnt be more help. Iíll ask the body shop how to put it on when it comes in.

2017 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Byl9 View Post
    Did you figure this out? Iím also wondering how to remove the rear bumper chrome trim at the bottom.
    I found it practically impossible without removing the entire bumper. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), I had backed my trailer into my rear bumper and had insurance repair the damage which included replacing the chrome strip.

If you get underneath the rear of your car and look there are about 6 nuts & bolts that hold the chrome strip in place but itís very difficult to remove the nuts due to lack of space to get your hands and a tool in there
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by bry4926 View Post
    I found it practically impossible without removing the entire bumper. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), I had backed my trailer into my rear bumper and had insurance repair the damage which included replacing the chrome strip.

If you get underneath the rear of your car and look there are about 6 nuts & bolts that hold the chrome strip in place but itís very difficult to remove the nuts due to lack of space to get your hands and a tool in there
    Thank you for the heads up. Iíll
    Check it out but if itís that tight itís not worth it to remove.