Dealer says no transmission dipstick on 2018 CX5

:
2018 CX 5 Touring AWD
Does the 2018 have a Transmission dipstick? Dealers says only a filler plug which can be used for level check for 1 hour labor @ $150.

They also recommend a transmission flush at 60k for $300.

Thoughts?

Find another dealer, if they don't know this there isn't much point in having them do any kind of service unless he's intentionally steering you away.

No other local dealers sadly.

Find an indie for routine maintenance and only go to the dealer for warranty work. Just make sure you follow the maint schedule and keep receipts. Maybe once in a while go to the dealer to get any firmware updates or recall work.

Showed the reprint to service writer. He said he was unaware of dipstick. Still wanted to charge 1 hour labor. Talked to service manager and negotiated .5 hr labor at $75. I do not think is worth the expense after all.

Showed the reprint to service writer. He said he was unaware of dipstick. Still wanted to charge 1 hour labor. Talked to service manager and negotiated .5 hr labor at $75. I do not think is worth the expense after all.

You can do it yourself for FREE.

The dealer 'RECOMMENDS' .Hell, they'll recommend anything to make money.I think Mazda even states against having tranny flushed.Run away from this dealer unless warranty problem or at least check around for other advice to help separate the good from the bullsheet.

Looking further at the instruction it appears the hose bracket is only removed, I initially thought a hose had to be disconnected. I may give it a go after the engine temp light hits 122 degrees.

Still under warranty? Isn't this supposed to be part of their full service circle nonsense? You know, that checkout sheet they are supposed to fill out when you bring your car in and shows all the stuff they are supposed to check? Isn't fluid levels one of them??

Back