Racing Beat muffler on CX5 GT 2017

:
CX-5 2017 GT AWD
Short video clips of how the Racing Beat muffler sounds on a CX5 GT 2017. I apologize for the rattle from the loose rear plate. Here are the 2 clips. The first clip is first morning start. The second clip is cruising in the interstate.

Cruising at Interstate

Last edited:
Short video clips of how the Racing Beat muffler sounds on a CX5 GT 2017. I apologize for the rattle from the loose rear plate. Here are the 2 clips. The first clip is first morning start. The second clip is cruising in the interstate.

First start in the morning.

Cruising at Interstate

Uh.....why?...Just why?

I listened a little bit.

I used to have a Bugeye Sprite with Stebro free-flow installed, so when I'd let off the accelerator you'd think a Messerschmitt was bearing down on you. I'm surprised the thing didn't leave me with lifelong tinnitus.

So I didn't get that much out of the video, 'cause I kept waiting for "BLATTY-BLATTY-BLATTY!!!."

I listened a little bit.

I used to have a Bugeye Sprite with Stebro free-flow installed, so when I'd let off the accelerator you'd think a Messerschmitt was bearing down on you. I'm surprised the thing didn't leave me with lifelong tinnitus.

So I didn't get that much out of the video, 'cause I kept waiting for "BLATTY-BLATTY-BLATTY!!!."

On a bug eyed Sprite used for a bit of fun on a weekend OK but ruining a fine car and annoying the neighbours with the daily runner makes as much sense as sawing a leg off the dining table.

Don't worry guys I will reshoot it possible this weekend, lol. The BLATTY can easily be fixed. I didn't expect it to be that annoying since it was not that bad once you are inside the car. The video was an eye openner. No complaints with the Racing Beat so far.

So when a modification like this is made, does it change the back-pressure in any significant way?
Does it affect mileage?
Does the computer compensate?

On a bug eyed Sprite used for a bit of fun on a weekend OK but ruining a fine car and annoying the neighbours with the daily runner makes as much sense as sawing a leg off the dining table.

Well fortunate for you, the Racing Beat is as quiet as they come for exhaust.

You should come stand on all our street corners and write tickets to the Harleys that you can hear from several miles away at all hours of the night. (rolleyes)

I am planning to get the GT-R when a very good deal pops up. My current Racing Beat Muffler is not compatible with the CX-5 Turbo. I might dispose it for 250 plus shipping.

Tbh I'm considering fabbing a single exit exhaust for s****. Likely would increase exhaust velocity . Since we dont have a dual exhaust anyways, splitting it lowers velocity.... Safe to assume the dual axle back is s combo of aesthetics and noise suppression

Last edited:
Back