Mazda CX-5 (2019) water wading depth?

What is the water wading depth for our Mazda CX-5?

Just drive thru 20"~22" of flood water today for about ~30 seconds.
What do I need to check to make sure I did not damage anything?

Your personal experience crossing the water. (nailbyt)

But you got lucky covered by powertrain warranty * ;)

Truth! It wasn't no 22", either. More like 10-14. This was the exact moment, well, right before, lol:

12401807_788379500601_3570818409623475627_o.jpg

I'm guessing that the older models at least didn't have vented CVJs on the driveshaft? If the new one does, then submersion can draw water in through the vent hole. (professional experience talking)

What is the water wading depth for our Mazda CX-5?

Just drive thru 20"~22" of flood water today for about ~30 seconds.
What do I need to check to make sure I did not damage anything?

Salt or fresh? 20"~22" almost comes up to the middle of the door on my CX. Did any water get inside the cabin?

Salt or fresh? 20"~22" almost comes up to the middle of the door on my CX. Did any water get inside the cabin?

Fresh, flood waters in Houston yesterday.
Nope did not get into the cabin. May be my constant speed helped.

At first it was just gutter deep, suddenly I can see splashes in front.

Fresh, flood waters in Houston yesterday.
Nope did not get into the cabin. May be my constant speed helped.

At first it was just gutter deep, suddenly I can see splashes in front.

Houston is a great place, especially around the Woodlands. That is until a hurricane shows up.

What depth of fresh water can we drive our CX-5 in slowly, without having to do any service? I was thinking 10" but after reading the posts it might be more like 3". Watching cars drive through the floodwater on TV today made me curious.

What depth of fresh water can we drive our CX-5 in slowly, without having to do any service? I was thinking 10" but after reading the posts it might be more like 3". Watching cars drive through the floodwater on TV today made me curious.
I’d agree the 10” water depth, can’t be just 3”, without the need for gear lube replacement on rear differential, especially if we see where the breathing valve and the tube are located ⋯

But after the incident from Unobtanium (unfortunately the picture he posted in post #6 above is gone), I also agree with you, 3”!

Back