2017~2024 Fitting chains/cable chains for 2019 cx-5 signature

:
2019 cx-5 signature
I*ve been researching chains and I can*t find anything that definitively fits well.
Anyone have chains for for 225/55r19 that fits well?
It seems confusing.

Last edited:
For the 17" I found the Peerless chains fit very well.

This one will fit your 19" tires.

https://www.peerlesschain.com/tire-chain-finder/traction/tirechains/1467

Look at this thread.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123858461-17-quot-Stock-Rims-and-limitations-on-Snow-Chains

With the 19" rims, cables might fit and will not touch the structs, and cost less.
I am not sure what solid circle means but I will try them. Will report back. It seems like cable chains just don*t work for these.

Last edited:
I sure would like a definitive answer on this, I have a 2019 GT-Reserve. I recently moved to a mountain community that ranges between 5000 and 6000 feet in elevation and does get some snow although it's typically melted within a few days. The roads do get plowed but are hilly so I would like the traction extra traction provided by chains.
I got a flyer with the owners packet that stated do not use chains. It does not elaborate or say if cables are acceptable. Nice of Mazda to warn people but not go into detail.
I'm thinking the blanket warning about chains means traditional link chains but maybe not the more modern cable designs ? I would like to have a set of something functional that doesn't rub on any suspension structures before we get the first snowfall.

I sure would like a definitive answer on this, I have a 2019 GT-Reserve. I recently moved to a mountain community that ranges between 5000 and 6000 feet in elevation and does get some snow although it's typically melted within a few days. The roads do get plowed but are hilly so I would like the traction extra traction provided by chains.
I got a flyer with the owners packet that stated do not use chains. It does not elaborate or say if cables are acceptable. Nice of Mazda to warn people but not go into detail.
I'm thinking the blanket warning about chains means traditional link chains but maybe not the more modern cable designs ? I would like to have a set of something functional that doesn't rub on any suspension structures before we get the first snowfall.

I can't answer your question, neighbor, but would suggest that you may not need them at all if you've got good snow tires. If the inclines make you uncomfortable, you might even consider studded snows even tho they're pretty bad on dry roads, especially if you don't do a lot of highway driving. But good studless snows can handle surprisingly bad conditions.

The other thing to consider is what a royal pain it is to mount cables in the snow.

I won't experience enough snow days to justify buying a set of dedicated snow tires. I'm retired and don't drive much but if I need to make a grocery run into town I would like to be able to slap a set of chains on in the comfort of my garage hopefully, and be able to get around for a few days until the snow has melted. The SoulCal mountain communities don't go through prolonged snow seasons, it could snow and then 2-3 days later be sunny and in the 60's.
I'll keep an eye on this thread, maybe one of our members who lives in the northeast and needs chains for a good part of the winter can share their experience.

Bumping this old thread as I'm thinking of taking a trip up to Big Bear next month and I'm certain to need something for the trip if there's fresh snow on the highway.

I've been looking at a few threads and it seems there's a clearance issue with the strut assembly using chains. Are people going with snow cables for use with the 19 inch wheels?

If so, any particular recommendation?

Back