P5 build questions

pr0t3g3

I have a protege5 and its great. Im in the market for new wheels and I looked it up and stock wheels have +45-50 offset and 6 wide and the new ones are +25 offset and 8 wide with 5.48 backspacing. I was wondering if anyone knew about how much they would stick out of the fenders, if at all. I do want a little poke because I want to get that flush Fitment with stretched wheels. But not stupid amounts of poke.

Gidday! Proteges are great cars, and easy to work on

For wheel offset, try an online calculator like this one https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Stick in the current numbers, then the new ones and it should give you an idea of how much further out the wheel lip will be

I'm running 17x7.5 +38 wheels and the lip is close to flush with the fender, so an 8" wide +25 offset wheel will probably sit about the same at the outside lip

Watch the rear shocks as wider wheels get really close if the offset is weird

Good luck!

Im wanting to turbo my p5. Im looking at eBay and Amazon kits since I am not able to come by much money. I was told that an eBay kit with a few parts switched out and a good tune can actually work well and push out decent power. Anyone have any advice or anything to help??

Do your research. Going turbo is not cheap with the P5.
You could just buy my engine and save a ton of money. ;)

I spent around $1800 on my turbo and whatnot for my p5 a year ago. (Probably closer to 2k but I ended up not using some things and wasted some money) but its not too bad. Lemme know if you have any questions

I spent around $1800 on my turbo and whatnot for my p5 a year ago. (Probably closer to 2k but I ended up not using some things and wasted some money) but its not too bad. Lemme know if you have any questions

Thanks! Was it a kit for the p5? Or was it universal? My budget is low and Im more likely to end up getting something universal and I dont know how to go about that

My budget is low and I*m more likely to end up getting something universal

Ok, here's my 2c. After reading that quote, the best advice I can give is.. please save your money, time, efforts, sanity, etc. etc.... and forget about it.

Seriously. Don't bother. The P5 is getting close to 20 years old now. Just enjoy it's "slowness" and don't try to get "mo' powa" out of these things. You will regret it.

Or... do it right the first go round with a "PROVEN" setup. Us old timers paid the price to meet our goals and now we can pass on the fruits of our labor (and grief) for others to enjoy.
I'm only getting out of the P5 game because I found a new toy to play with. Doesn't mean it's still not a great toy! :D

Thanks! Was it a kit for the p5? Or was it universal? My budget is low and I*m more likely to end up getting something universal and I don*t know how to go about that

Not necessarily a "kit" per say. But I just used the OEM setup. OEM turbo, manifold, coolant return elbow, MSP ECU, and downpipe. Then I got a sandwich plate for oil feed, tapped the oil pan for return, and just tapped into the throttle body for coolant feed. Mishi front mount intercooler (easier than dealing with the SMIC), and ebay piping kit. Send me a PM with your email and I'll see if I can find my excel sheets I made. If you go through my build thread you can see some of the process. Ill also send you my phone number cause its easier for me to text than get on here to answer questions. I don't get on here regularly.

For basics I think I might've spent around $1200 (the bare minimum but I got a stupid crazy deal on the turbo and manifold/downpipe)

Back