2016~2023 Blacked out 2019 CX-9 (dealer special)

sm1ke

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Contributor
:
Canada
Came across this last night.

The dealer had all of the chrome exterior bits wrapped in gloss black vinyl, and had the wheels painted or powdercoated gloss black as well.

I had always wondered what a blacked out version would look like. I think it looks great! Nice and aggressive. If I had a black CX-9 I'd be very tempted to have this done.

If anyone has done something similar on a machine grey metallic CX-5, CX-9, or Mazda6, I'd love to see it! I can't visualize this looking as good as it does on a black car.

That does look good. I don't like the "murdered out" look, so I'd have to have some shiny wheels.

That same vehicle or one just like it was sitting in Keffer Mazdas showroom in June. If I remember they were asking $44,000 USD for it. Pass

Blacked out MG

It looks amazing on Machine Gray, I would say even better than it does on black. I found him on Instagram, but his account is private now. Instead you can google "instagram daddys_wagon" for more pics.

Attachments

• chrome delete.jpg
    chrome delete.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 398
It looks amazing on Machine Gray, I would say even better than it does on black. I found him on Instagram, but his account is private now. Instead you can google "instagram daddys_wagon" for more pics.

Thanks GrandCX-9! That does look pretty good.

So I wonder, is everything on the exterior wrapped, even the roof rails and grill? I think I saw on that dealer website that the grill is painted. I would think it would be tough to wrap.
Wondering how that would hold up over time with stone chips, etc. I guess if prep'd correctly it would be fine.
I can understand wrapping the door trim, and chrome bits that are relatively flat.

What is that extra lower spoiler on the front?

So I wonder, is everything on the exterior wrapped, even the roof rails and grill? I think I saw on that dealer website that the grill is painted. I would think it would be tough to wrap.
Wondering how that would hold up over time with stone chips, etc. I guess if prep'd correctly it would be fine.
I can understand wrapping the door trim, and chrome bits that are relatively flat.

What is that extra lower spoiler on the front?

Apparently the slats in the front grille can also be wrapped. There's a guy who recently did a chrome delete and his installer wrapped it, said it takes a while but it is doable. Some of these installers can work magic with the right film and the right tools.

The extra "spoiler" is just a garage door seal cut to fit the length of the bumper, and attached via screws (I think). Very common cheapo "mod" that popped up in the last 5-10 years in the tuner world.

SO you would likely have to paint the chrome grill surround, I can see that being difficult to wrap, but the slats, yes, those do seem doable.

Thats what I figured for the front chin spoiler, its probably 3m double sided sticky taped on, I like the idea/look, but not with the foam stuff.

SO you would likely have to paint the chrome grill surround, I can see that being difficult to wrap, but the slats, yes, those do seem doable.

Thats what I figured for the front chin spoiler, its probably 3m double sided sticky taped on, I like the idea/look, but not with the foam stuff.

I thought you were primarily talking about the slats. The chrome grille surround can definitely be wrapped, and would likely be easier than the slats (there would just be a lot of excess material).

Back