Electric windows Auto function

Hi folks just bought a 2014 Mazda5. All electric windows work either from the door they are in or from the drivers door console. The front drivers window is the only one which will perform the auto open and close. I thought at first an easy fix and tried the reset instructions from the instructions. It didnt work. I even disabled the drivers door window to be manual and set it again to automatic to make sure I was doing it correctly and this worked fine. I am stumped. Any similar experiences or help appreciated.

That should be pretty easy to check: the switches for windows with auto function have two distinct positions for up and down: the first click is the manual mode, the second engages the full auto mode.
I would be surprised if Mazda uses such switches for windows that don't have an auto mode.

Which procedure did you use to re-enable the auto mode?

This is what the Workshop Manual (for my 2005 Mazda5) says:
POWER WINDOW SYSTEM INITIAL SETTING
Note
* Initial setting must be performed for the switch of each seat.
* If the following operations have been performed, initial setting is reset, and auto up/down and two-step
down operation are disabled. Therefore, performing initial setting is necessary.
* Negative battery cable disconnected or power window system power supply fuse removed (Perform
initial setting for the switches of all seats.)
* Power window switch connector disconnected (Perform initial setting for the switch connected with the
connector.)
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Press the switch of each seat and fully open the door glass.
3. Pull the switch of each seat to the manual-up position to fully close the door glass, and keep holding the switch
up at the position for approx. 2 s.

TWO-STEP DOWN FUNCTION OPERATIVE/NON-OPERATIVE SWITCHING PROCEDURE
Note
* The following procedure switches the two-step down function from operative to non-operative and vice
versa
- Start
- Perform within 5 s. :
2. Press the auto switch twice.
3. Lift the auto switch twice.
- Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position.
- Start the following procedure within 40 s.
Perform within 5 s.:
2. Press the auto switch twice.
3. Lift the auto switch twice.
- Switching completed.

I'm guessing Simonblake is not in North America. My '08 GT only has auto-down for driver window -it doesn't even support auto-up... I think this is likely packaging features to target different markets. I have a strong suspicion that if you have WDS / IDS, you can enable this feature for all windows. The function might be there, just disabled (if deisz's '05 has it). While you are at it, you can also disable that annoying belt reminder ding and enable the low washer fluid lamp...

There's an aftermarket option. You can add the DEI 535T module to any car (does not need alarm, can be tied to GT's OEM alarm) to have auto-up and auto-down power windows. One module control 2 windows; would need two modules for 4 windows (little redundant for driver). You need to perform a learn function so it knows the track range and has anti-pinch.
https://pdf.ampire.de/directed/535T_englisch.pdf

@ simonblak, deisz - does the driver side master control have 'auto' labled on all of the window buttons?

Last edited:
Back