Any Word on the 2020 CX-9 Changes?

Only thing I really would want that we don't have is vented front seats living in Arizona. I'm fine with the 8 inch screen on the 2018. Would not want captains chairs and rarely have anyone in the back seat anyway. Third row has never been up other than initial curiosity. I bought it for the looks and the driving experience and that hasn't changed. That said newer is almost always better.

Only thing I really would want that we don't have is vented front seats living in Arizona. I'm fine with the 8 inch screen on the 2018. Would not want captains chairs and rarely have anyone in the back seat anyway. Third row has never been up other than initial curiosity. I bought it for the looks and the driving experience and that hasn't changed. That said newer is almost always better.

Agree. We ended up buying a 2018 instead of a 2019 and I kinda regret it. The vented seats and surround camera (even poor quality) would have been worth it.

Agree. We ended up buying a 2018 instead of a 2019 and I kinda regret it. The vented seats and surround camera (even poor quality) would have been worth it.

Aside from having Carplay right off the bat in the 2019, we've used the ventilated seats quite often prior to the weather turning cooler. The surround camera is used always when parking to make sure that we're always within the parking lines, especially when pulling up to a parking spot to face exit forward. Prior to the surround camera, I park with the rear end short of the lines most of the times, and I'd have to get back in and move the vehicle forward. I'm happy with the 2019 and will still pick it over the 2020 since the Signature is currently stated to have 2nd-row Captain's chairs, with no mention of a bench seat being an option. Also, my wife chose the Signature specifically because of the Auburn interior and that is no longer available in the 2020 Signature model.

What's GVC+?

This is how Mazda explains G-Vectoring Control:

https://www.mazdausa.com/why-mazda/skyactiv-vehicle-dynamics
At the start of a turn, GVC reduces engine torque just enough to shift the load to the front wheels, increasing cornering response. It constantly monitors steering operation throughout the turn to calculate optimal engine torque. During the end of the turn, the system recovers engine torque to shift the load back to the rear wheels to improve cornering stability, and to help the driver maintain steering position.

This is how Mazda explains G-Vectoring Control Plus:

https://www2.mazda.com/en/publicity/release/2018/201810/181011c.html
"GVC Plus uses the brakes to add direct yaw moment control for further enhanced handling stability. As the driver steers out of a corner by returning the steering wheel to the center position, GVC Plus applies a light braking force to the outer wheels, providing a stabilizing moment that helps restore the vehicle to straight line running. The system realizes consistently smooth transitions between yaw, roll and pitch even under high cornering forces, improving the vehicle's ability to accurately track sudden steering inputs and crisply exit corners. In addition to improving handling in emergency collision avoidance maneuvers, GVC Plus offers a reassuring feeling of control when changing lanes on the highway and when driving on snow or other slippery road surfaces."

Good find ��.

That center console looks much more substantial that most of the competition. I wonder how it moves out of place. The main point of captains chairs is so that kids can simply pass through the middle to the 3rd row.

Could you imagine if the console was fixed and you have to slide the seat forward to access the 3rd row? Lol

My guess is that it slides and flips forward, but who knows.

Could you imagine if the console was fixed and you have to slide the seat forward to access the 3rd row? Lol

My guess is that it slides and flips forward, but who knows.

I would be that console is fixed and the seats will have to flip up. You can also bet that kids will climb over.

If I were an Uber driver with this SUV I might care. Or if I had a regular dose of two people I cared about that much but other than that I'll take the bench seat. And with that center console you won't be able to crawl through the middle to get to the 3rd row.

It does look like the center flips to allow easy entry to the third row.

Also looks like they have not addressed the lack of 3rd row air vents...this was their opportunity to do so with all of the planned improvements to the 2020 MY! Yes USB ports in 3rd row but still no vents. Shame...

10 most reliable models of 2020, according to Consumer Reports:

Here is a good change:

10 most reliable models of 2020, according to Consumer Reports:
Mazda MX-5 Miata

Toyota Prius Prime

Toyota Prius

Lexus GX

Hyundai Kona

Mazda CX-3

Lexus NX

Toyota 4-Runner

Mazda CX-9

Lexus GS

I hope that I will be able to retrofit the 9" screen into my current 2019. That's the only thing I wish I have from the 2020 model

I hope that I will be able to retrofit the 9" screen into my current 2019. That's the only thing I wish I have from the 2020 model

Same... and hopefully the system can be updated to the new Mazda infotainment software like on the new mazda 3

Same... and hopefully the system can be updated to the new Mazda infotainment software like on the new mazda 3
Why? The screen just appears to be slightly taller than the old 8" screen. It protrudes more while offering no additional benefit/information? Unless I'm missing something...

Why? The screen just appears to be slightly taller than the old 8" screen. It protrudes more while offering no additional benefit/information? Unless I'm missing something...

It will really depend on the screen they used. If it is the same specs (resolution, brightness, etc) as the current screen, then all it will do is make everything look bigger. That might be better for those that have vision problems...but not by much.

Now, if the new screen has a higher resolution, then they can program it to show more information which might be good when viewing a map, playlists, or when using the 360 cameras. And assuming the cameras are good enough, they should look a lot clearer/more detailed than the 2019 360 cameras.

Back