Electric Handbreak What Wheels?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Does the electric hand break operate on the the rear wheels (classic mode), front wheels or all four? bI didn't find the answer in the manual.

Let's say I use this SUV for something people usually buy an SUV for... like driving to a remote trailhead and parking there with the parking brake on for a week or two while hiking/backpacking.

Will the electric brake run the battery down?

Let's say I use this SUV for something people usually buy an SUV for... like driving to a remote trailhead and parking there with the parking brake on for a week or two while hiking/backpacking.

No.

No. Do you believe electricity keeps the brake engaged?

Power is only used to turn the motor to engage or disengage the brake pads.

There's a motor and a module, bunch of crap . Ever use the parking brake???? I have... Maybe 5 times in 55 years of driving
it's just more crap to break

There's a motor and a module, bunch of crap . Ever use the parking brake???? I have... Maybe 5 times in 55 years of driving
it's just more crap to break

Even though I'm usually on board with the "it's just more crap to break" philosophy of car ownership (my Austin Healey had side curtains, not even roll-down windows), I've always used my parking brake. I've been told it keeps the tension/pressure off the automatic transmission pawl, and stops a manual transmission from binding. I engage the parking brake before taking my foot off the regular brake so as to not allow the car to toll when in Park.

The only exception might be if whether (or extended period of non-use during winter) could introduce the risk of brake pads getting frozen to the drum/disc.

Last edited:
Electric Handbrake What Wheels?

Even though I'm usually on board with the "it's just more crap to break" philosophy of car ownership (my Austin Healey had side curtains, not even roll-down windows), I've always used my parking brake. I've been told it keeps the tension/pressure off the automatic transmission pawl, and stops a manual transmission from binding. I engage the parking brake before taking my foot off the regular brake so as to not allow the car to toll when in Park.

The only exception might be if weather (or extended period of non-use during winter) could introduce the risk of brake pads getting frozen to the drum/disc.
Yes!

Back