Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Where did everybody go?

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    2012 Mazda3

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    155

    Where did everybody go?

    There doesn't seem much life left in these Mazda forums anymore. Even asking a basic question on replacing a Mazda battery gets zero replies.

  2. #2
    Administrator Antoine's Avatar
    Founder


    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    14,425
    Blog Entries
    5
    Hello there...Plenty of people here, it just depends what Mazda you have and where you post...I moved your battery thread to the Mazda3 Lounge and it does have a reply btw...

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by blondee_yvr View Post
    There doesn't seem much life left in these Mazda forums anymore. Even asking a basic question on replacing a Mazda battery gets zero replies.
    It doesn't work for me in tapatalk anymore..... so yea I'm sure we lost a lot of folks when that changed.

  4. #4
    Registered Member

    17 Mazda 6 GT

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by blondee_yvr View Post
    There doesn't seem much life left in these Mazda forums anymore.
    I'm registered on a few other forums as well as this one, and it seems it's not just this forum that's slowing down.
    The Nissan forum that I was very active in has pretty much died. Very little activity there too.
    Part of the problem may be that most manufacturers are now producing boring "they're-all-pretty-much-the-same" suv's and cars.
    I understand they all do it to try and stay competitive and get their piece of the pie, but there's very little out there to get excited about these days.
    I can walk into a Toyota or Honda or Chevy dealer, and not see a single vehicle that gets my heart rate up.
    Consequently, there's little reason for most people get on a forum and discuss the performance merits of a Ford Escape or a Nissan Rogue.

  5. #5
    Swollen Member Natey's Avatar
    Donated: $40

    Mazda

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pleasure Point, California
    Posts
    6,509
    Facebook groups are killing internet forums. MOCC turned into one, and I'm sure plenty more have and will.

    Not to mention *puts on flame proof jacket* there's nothing but posts about CUVs in here. No more track days or autocross events or car meets or...anything like that. Just people complaining about their laser guided parking systems and GPS activated steering wheel warmers.
    NPOT (Norcal Protege Options Team)
    .
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/335883...photo-gallery/

  6. #6
    Registered Member

    17 Mazda 6 GT

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Natey View Post
    There's nothing but posts about CUVs in here. No more track days or autocross events or car meets or...anything like that. Just people complaining about their laser guided parking systems and GPS activated steering wheel warmers.
    No flaming from this guy.
    I totally agree with what you are saying.

  7. #7
    Registered Member

    2012 Mazda3

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    155
    That's really sad. Facebook is the worst for privacy and they're even cracking down on users not using their real names. Then of course, let's not get me started on that cesspool called, Reddit. No doubt trolling is largely allowed and/or condoned on both FB and Reddit.

    Btw, what does MOCC mean?

  8. #8
    Administrator Antoine's Avatar
    Founder


    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    14,425
    Blog Entries
    5
    Forums are dying seems to be a popular assumption but actually I think they are making a come back! It is true that some forums are dying and those tend to be forums that are run by some massive corporation and not the founder. Another reason is some forums are dedicated to a single model where interest has been lost (and or it is out of production).

    Seems to me a growing number of people are getting tired of social media / massive all-consuming networks and are rediscovering Forums that are run by founders and or owners who actually care like this one! Mazdas247 has been going strong in various forms for 18 years now because we care!

    As I have mentioned, we are working on a complete overhaul for Mazdas247 and I have got a side project / test bed site that is helping me with the overhaul and might take off itself some day...PM me if you are interested in checking it out!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  9. #9
    Swollen Member Natey's Avatar
    Donated: $40

    Mazda

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pleasure Point, California
    Posts
    6,509
    MOCC was Mazda Owners Club of California.

    I for one am not on any facebook groups just because I don't want to be logged into that leviathan of a website for too long. Too easy to get false info or ripped off if you try to buy a used part too.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  10. #10
    chasing electrons .. Speed3.5's Avatar

    MSP, 05 Mazda3 , 09 CC, 16 Mazda3

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    Forums are dying seems to be a popular assumption but actually I think they are making a come back! It is true that some forums are dying and those tend to be forums that are run by some massive corporation and not the founder. Another reason is some forums are dedicated to a single model where interest has been lost (and or it is out of production).

    Seems to me a growing number of people are getting tired of social media / massive all-consuming networks and are rediscovering Forums that are run by founders and or owners who actually care like this one! Mazdas247 has been going strong in various forms for 18 years now because we care!

    As I have mentioned, we are working on a complete overhaul for Mazdas247 and I have got a side project / test bed site that is helping me with the overhaul and might take off itself some day...PM me if you are interested in checking it out!
    Pass down that info, lets see what the future will look like

  11. #11
    Harpy Eagle Chocolate's Avatar

    2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    309
    @Antoine

    Maybe this group of forums should be near the top, below the sponsors. That way people from other forums can see it instead of just scrolling to their forum and going there. And the main Lounge forum would have more activity. More pageviews/clicks for you.

    https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php

    You do have the number one Google ranking for CX-5 forum, and the busiest one, so there's that!

  12. #12
    Registered Member

    2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #2218

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Northern KY/Cincinnati OH
    Posts
    6
    I'm back to this forum after being gone for 9 years after I sold my 2001 Protégé MP3 (yellow#1226) HIBOOST turbo & intercooler kit and all those other typical mods..
    -- previous username may have been Jaredbzoom* see pics there

    Now I'm back with recently purchased (3days ago) a 2003.5MSP (silver #2218)

    03.5MSP, 150k miles, normal rusty areas, a few small dents and typical faded paint spots, but a very clean interior.
    All factory stock except a half ass installed short CAI.... (shit zip-tied to other shit)
    PAID $3k

    had the car 1 day- threw P0171 & P0302 codes - already got plugs, wires, coil packs, PCV valve, SeaFoam/injector cleaner to install today.
    MAF sensor, all O2 sensors, EGR,ETS, bypass valve, idle control valve and 4 injectors are on standby if the basics don't fix it..

    once I get the car running normal I plan to build/beef up/strengthen internals, upgraded turbo, intercooler, piping, PBECU or SAECU, clutch, header back exhaust, BOV, WG, BC, gauges, suspension and all the little stuff that goes along with said parts..

    basic goal- bullet proof motor (@250-300HP if doable) and suspension to handle backroads..

    yeah, it seems like a lot of time and $ but I truly loved the MP3 and yet the MSP isn't running perfect I can already tell its gonna be a fast go-kart like ride.!!!

    Any advice or info on engine internals, turbo upgrades and so are welcome.. I don't want to waste time with shitty parts..

    thanks jared

  13. #13
    black ops modifications.. AzteCypher's Avatar

    2001 Mazda Protege LX

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Allen, Texas
    Posts
    1,808
    Congrats on the new acquisition.

    I still have my Protege but it does need a lot of TLC seeing as how family and work responsibilities take precedence. I've been trying to make time to work on it seeing as how my kids like helping me outside and they want to work on "Daddy's race car".

  14. #14
    Administrator Antoine's Avatar
    Founder


    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    14,425
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed3.5 View Post
    Pass down that info, lets see what the future will look like
    PM sent


    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    @Antoine

    Maybe this group of forums should be near the top, below the sponsors. That way people from other forums can see it instead of just scrolling to their forum and going there. And the main Lounge forum would have more activity. More pageviews/clicks for you.

    https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php

    You do have the number one Google ranking for CX-5 forum, and the busiest one, so there's that!
    Thanks for the suggestion, it's something I've considered but the priority here are the model-specific forums...That's what people come here for...That said, I would like the Lounge to take a more active role as the overall "hang-out" area for Mazda related topics here...This is also something I'm working through on the new site. I've also been thinking about bringing back a dedicated News forum (for Mazdas247 and Mazda news only)...Here and or on the new site.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  15. #15
    Administrator Antoine's Avatar
    Founder


    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    14,425
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredB83-MSP View Post
    I'm back to this forum after being gone for 9 years after I sold my 2001 Protégé MP3 (yellow#1226) HIBOOST turbo & intercooler kit and all those other typical mods..
    -- previous username may have been Jaredbzoom* see pics there

    Now I'm back with recently purchased (3days ago) a 2003.5MSP (silver #2218)
    Welcome back! Please check out the MSP Forum if you haven't already for all your MSP needs... https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/foru...aspeed-Protege

    Also, check out our Marketplace... https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/foru...29-Marketplace and please note the rules... https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...=1#post6444980

    Thanks!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •