Top Speed?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Not that I'll ever get to try it out but have any car magazines tested the top speed of the Signature?

Oops never mind. Am seeing many references tp 130mph.

Is 130mph with a turbo? And if with a turbo with regular gas (227HP) or premium (250HP)?????

Gas used doesnt matter, its governed to 130. Get a tune and you can raise it, but drag and the floaty swirly feeling on the skinny stock tires wont be much fun.

Yes I've seen criticism of the skinny tires on a youtube review.

That Car and Driver article describes the non turbo version I believe.

In a Dec 2018 article in C&D about the 2019 Signature model they give 130 mph as the electronicly limited top speed.

I*m wondering if anyone has pushed a factory Cx-5 to its actual top speed. Tires aside, that SUV body and only 250 Hp, I*m wondering if it could really make 130 mph.

I*m wondering if anyone has pushed a factory Cx-5 to its actual top speed. Tires aside, that SUV body and only 250 Hp, I*m wondering if it could really make 130 mph.

Yes, the 250hp will overcome the air drag. Not by a whole lot, but it will.

It already takes a white for my NA engine to get up to 100MPH. I wonder how long it'll take to reach 130MPH

Maximum I've gone in mine was 110 MPH. I hadn't tried to go farther than that.

Yes it would be interesting to see some car magazine test it to it's governed speed. Agree that with body shape etc. 130mph seems a bit of a stretch.

Yes it would be interesting to see some car magazine test it to it's governed speed. Agree that with body shape etc. 130mph seems a bit of a stretch.

It could have a drag coefficient of about .7-.8, which is 2-3x that of the average car almost, and still get there.

Now you might need the Bonneville Salt Flats to make it happen, but I believe itll do it for sure. Lol

Last edited:
Back