Anbody notice .........

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
that Mazda lowered the headlight indicator on the dash so low that you can't see it because it's obstructed by the steering wheel.
Don't know when they did this but my 16 has it right in the middle of the dash cluster.

They probably had little choice since there's so many other indicators strewn through the dash.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean no one can.

I didn't say no one could see it, I just said that it was low and obstructed by the steering wheel. I'm sure if you're 6' 2" or taller it's no problem. My wife is 5' 1', she can't see it, I'm 5' 10" and have to raise my head some to see it. Even people 6'+ who drive with the seat lowered and back probably can't see it.

I can see it fine. 6'. The seat in any car I drive is always all the back and all the way down (or almost all the way down) to provide the most protection against intrusion.

I noticed, and was greatly disappointed that they lowered it. I can*t see it unless I lean forward.

I can see it fine. 6'. The seat in any car I drive is always all the back and all the way down (or almost all the way down) to provide the most protection against intrusion.

Maybe they didn't change it in the sport since the sport doesn't have all the other safety features that the GTR's and Sig's have.

I was gonna say that. Wouldn't this be a function of your height and the steering wheel location/adjustment?

Regarding Sport trim location, I know everyone already knows that you can check out the manual to see where it is on each dash type, just to satisfy your curiosity.

It's funny the frame of reference we first-time Mazda owners lack. Lots of "better than/worse than" conversations we can't relate to.

The part I find overwhelming is the HVAC/Seat Ventilation/Seat Warming/Seat Belt Status/Air Bag Status cluster. (Yeh, there's a word that always goes with "cluster.")

2019 Touring with PP...I can see the "headlight on" indicator just fine. I'm 5'9'' and have comfortably positioned the steering wheel and seat.

Of course, there will be those whose specific morphology view this relocation as a positive.
"I can finally see that damned light!"

Kinda like the "These seats suck" conversations we've had. Some like them. They make my butt hurt.

Maybe they didn't change it in the sport since the sport doesn't have all the other safety features that the GTR's and Sig's have.

As long as you have the Activsense package ($625), the Sport has all the same safety features, sound insulation is identical, and laminated glass/front windshield are also identical. It still comes with BSM, Radar and Laser AEB, and Radar Cruise. Aside from the wheels and hatch badge in the rear, a $26K CX looks the same from the exterior as a $38K CX, and similar on the interior with the major difference being the seats and black trim where the wood veneer goes on the more expensive trims. I am very surprised they didn't equip the top trims with a larger center display considering the price difference. Same 7" touchscreen.

The IP is different as it uses a smaller LCD screen. The climate controls are also simpler. Manual, though comfortable, seats, and rear glass isn't tinted which I'm adding back in with ceramic tint. I added Navigation with voice command (only comes with Grand Touring or higher, starting MSRP 31,445) back in with an inexpensive SD map card. The features I don't have that I would like are the auto dimming rear mirror (which can be added for a few hundred as a dealer accessory), "smart key," and power folding side mirrors. The rear mirror still has an old-school flip switch to reduce glare. I don't think I'll find the need to buy the auto dimming rear mirror once I install the 25% rear tint.

Last edited:
2019 Touring with PP...I can see the "headlight on" indicator just fine. I'm 5'9'' and have comfortably positioned the steering wheel and seat.

This. Just a slight adjustment is needed to the steering wheel. Simply lower it slightly so that you can see all of the dashboard instrument panel. That should resolve the issue.

As long as you have the Activsense package ($625), the Sport has all the same safety features, sound insulation is identical, and laminated glass/front windshield are also identical. It still comes with BSM, Radar and Laser AEB, and Radar Cruise. Aside from the wheels and hatch badge in the rear, a $26K CX looks the same from the exterior as a $38K CX, and similar on the interior with the major difference being the seats and black trim where the wood veneer goes on the more expensive trims. I am very surprised they didn't equip the top trims with a larger center display considering the price difference. Same 7" touchscreen. ...

The Sig also has parking sensors, unless you live in Canada. I know other parts of the world have them on lower models, but I'm not sure if there on the base model.

As long as you have the Activsense package ($625), the Sport has all the same safety features, sound insulation is identical, and laminated glass/front windshield are also identical. It still comes with BSM, Radar and Laser AEB, and Radar Cruise. Aside from the wheels and hatch badge in the rear, a $26K CX looks the same from the exterior as a $38K CX, and similar on the interior with the major difference being the seats and black trim where the wood veneer goes on the more expensive trims. I am very surprised they didn't equip the top trims with a larger center display considering the price difference. Same 7" touchscreen.

There's different instrument clusters depending on model and specification. Go look at a picture of a Sports dash then compare it to a Reserve of Sig.

What sort of intrusion?

This kind (shown, Toyota Tundra after IIHS 40mph small overlap test)

3866.jpg

This. Just a slight adjustment is needed to the steering wheel. Simply lower it slightly so that you can see all of the dashboard instrument panel. That should resolve the issue.

This. But just out of curiosity, why is it so important that you see the little indicator light at all times while you're driving?? Once the lights are on, they're on unless you turn them off.

Most people here can figure that out. The issue is that people have other reasons for not being able to lower the steering wheel from where they have it.

This. But just out of curiosity, why is it so important that you see the little indicator light at all times while you're driving?? Once the lights are on, they're on unless you turn them off.

At night it*s not an issue. It*s wanting to know if they came on automatically during the daytime. Many states have laws requiring headlights to be on during the rain. On the flip side, at night the headlight indicator on my 2016 was annoyingly bright.

Most people here can figure that out. The issue is that people have other reasons for not being able to lower the steering wheel from where they have it.

Right On! My wife likes the wheel exactly the way it came from the factory !

At night it*s not an issue. It*s wanting to know if they came on automatically during the daytime. Many states have laws requiring headlights to be on during the rain. On the flip side, at night the headlight indicator on my 2016 was annoyingly bright.

Double Right On! And also they're not on during the day when they shouldn't be. [/COLOR]

Back