Load Creak, New Car

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
I drive an eight mile mountain road, down going to town, up coming home. It consists of one curve after another with few and brief straight stretches. Somewhat going down but more so driving up I hear a load creak from what I think is my drivers seat every time my weight is tossed from side to side on the curves. When the car is stationary and I push on the seat from the side there is no sound or indication of looseness. Brand new Signature. Anyone else experienced this?

Ill bet good money its your seat rubbing on the console. Did you or the dealer apply anything to protect the leather or make it glossy?

I drive an eight mile mountain road, down going to town, up coming home. It consists of one curve after another with few and brief straight stretches. Somewhat going down but more so driving up I hear a load creak from what I think is my drivers seat every time my weight is tossed from side to side on the curves. When the car is stationary and I push on the seat from the side there is no sound or indication of looseness. Brand new Signature. Anyone else experienced this?

Likely the bolster rubbing against the console. My lats push it into it, and I notice it in corners, or if I move, etc. Sometimes. Try sitting in the seat and flexing lats. It gets me the squeak every time nearly.

At the previous posters said its likely just the seat rubbing against the console by the arm rest. Mazda actually mounted the driver seat a little more towards the center of the car and closer to the console than on the passenger side so the driver is centered with the steering wheel. That results in a smaller gap and on tight turns your weight can push the bolster against the console.

At the previous posters said its likely just the seat rubbing against the console by the arm rest. Mazda actually mounted the driver seat a little more towards the center of the car and closer to the console than on the passenger side so the driver is centered with the steering wheel. That results in a smaller gap and on tight turns your weight can push the bolster against the console.
I wonder if they flip the moutning points for the JDM/right hand drive market.

Thanks for your relies. No nothing applied to the leather. As I say it's a load creak and I'm suspecting something in the seat structure as it doesn't sound like the squeak of leather rubbing against leather. Any way sounds like no one else has experienced it.

My seat belt rubbed on the side of the seat the lap portion to your left it rubbed on the seat back bolster and made a loud creaking noise every time your body moved around very annoying. I used stick on felt on the seat belt so that slid on the seat bolster instead then was quiet. I*m amazed other people don*t notice this. Mine was so bad. And everyone I have drivin in and been in does the exact same thing.

This made it sound like it was the seat itself took me a while to figure it out. Terrible design if you ask me

Ya it*s more when you move back and forth as it puts tension in the leather seat which causes a loud creak. Test but pulling the seat belt out use 2 hands and press it against the leather and slide it slowly back and forth it goes creak creak creak etc as it sticks slips along the leather.

But in my case it is the side to side movement that produces the (I should have said "loud") creak.

do you have the retractable cargo tray cover? if so, all you need to do is oil up the springs on each side.

But in my case it is the side to side movement that produces the (I should have said "loud") creak.

If you sit in your seat with the car stationary and rock yourself side to side do you hear it? If so, put your hand between the seat and the armrest in that gap and try doing the same thing and you shouldn't hear it. That rubbing does not cause a leather on leather sound but a creak.

*quote*

Ya that*s what caused mine to when the belt tightened up it would pull against the leather seat and cause the loud creak
Try what I said with the belt.

Only hear it when car is going through alternate curves and mostly up hill at that. Will check cargo tray cover and seat belt.

Thanks for your relies. No nothing applied to the leather. As I say it's a load creak and I'm suspecting something in the seat structure as it doesn't sound like the squeak of leather rubbing against leather. Any way sounds like no one else has experienced it.

It's not rubber on leather, it's the seat shifting the console enough to creak it. I'm not saying this is for sure it, just clarifying.

I'm having the same issue with the loud creaking only when going through curves and turns and it's driving me crazy!

I guarantee it*s the seatbelt lap portion rubbing on The leather seat back side bolster. I had the same thing! It freaks loud. When your seated look at the lap portion and I bet it*s resting on the seat back side bolster. I had to put sticky back felt on the seat belt where it rubbed and the sound went away. Trust me check it out.
You can make it happen if you pull it tight against the bolster. So when you rock back and forth it pulls tight against it and causes the creaking.

I had the dealership diagnose and fix the creaks. They tightened bolts holding the seat and greased them..Perfect since.

Interesting. I'd forgotten about this thread and the issue. I never noticed when but the creaking sound dissappeared some time back.

Back