Rattle Help - Signature

Again, I did not hear any rattles when going to work this morning. We shall see going back today.
I have a front dashcam but it's mounted temporarily with a suction cup. I don't want someone to be tempted to break in.

oh ok..the front dash cam wouldn't really make any rattles, it's only when you have both front and rear facing and some panels have to be removed. i this case i think you're ok...hoepfully!

Okay, I checked almost everything you guys have suggested today. On the way to work, there was no rattle at the usual spot on the freeway or at all. However, when going home, the rattle was there in the parking lot. I have some new clips that I can share.

1. Checked the front license plate - it is a tiny bit loose. I will reattached without the license plate cover. I started recording sound on my phone in the car and closed the door and went to the front license plate and wiggled and tapped it. I could not hear anything on the recording.
2. Checked center vents while the rattle was happening today and it made no difference opening or closing the vents.
3. Checked all seatbelts and latches and they look ok.
4. Checked underneath the front passenger seat and found a wide white piece of plastic still attached to the bottom of the seat. Moved it around and did not make any noise.

After exiting the freeway and traveling on city streets, the rattle was gone. Maybe it's temperature dependent?

I listened to the latest clip you uploaded and it sounds very close to what I experienced. Double check these two connectors under the passenger seat are in place. In my case, it was the clip behind the one in front. Hope this helps.

20190919_120656 (1).jpg

Shortly after getting my 2017 back in 2017, I had a slight rattle/buzz sound coming from the A pillar which is usually noticeable when temp is in the 60's or lower. Sounds like it's from the tweeter on the pillar or something. I stuffed some felt foam piece on the bottom of the pillar and the sound went away. Maybe give that a try?

I've found at times the passenger seat belt gets caught up and comes into contact with the side pillar producing a rattle noise over bumps. Odd time it's a rear passenger one too.

The most common one is the eyeglass holder but OP mentions it was removed.

My Mazda6 was famous for this.. I'd be searching for weeks for the rattle until I realized it was the seatbelt.

All the seat belts are ok and do not appear to make a sound.
I checked underneath the seat again for the white clips. Mine looks different than then photo you posted. I couldn't get a good photo of it. Is it on both the right and left side of the seat?
I don't want to start ripping out panels to get to the rattle.

I poked around the front and found that the AC vent pointing down at the passenger footwell is loose. I wiggled it and the noise has stopped for a few days.
IMG_20190919_085635.jpg

Now the noise is back. I am not sure where it is coming from!

Has anyone had any luck with the dealership figuring out rattles? I think theres only a year warranty for rattles.

All the seat belts are ok and do not appear to make a sound.
I checked underneath the seat again for the white clips. Mine looks different than then photo you posted. I couldn't get a good photo of it. Is it on both the right and left side of the seat?
I don't want to start ripping out panels to get to the rattle.

I poked around the front and found that the AC vent pointing down at the passenger footwell is loose. I wiggled it and the noise has stopped for a few days.
View attachment 221524

Now the noise is back. I am not sure where it is coming from!

Has anyone had any luck with the dealership figuring out rattles? I think theres only a year warranty for rattles.

Ya that vent rattled on mine. As did the cover under there. As did a lot of things in the car. Biggest pile of junk car I have ever owned. Hope you get it figured out.

Ya that vent rattled on mine. As did the cover under there. As did a lot of things in the car. Biggest pile of junk car I have ever owned. Hope you get it figured out.

You should drive a Fiat Bravo (2007) from new. Now THAT was a pile of junk. Buyers remorse on that one for sure.

Did you do anything to fix the vent rattle? Do you still have the CX-5? I'm surprised that you have had so many rattles. Maybe it was a early production model? Did you try escalating with the dealer/Mazda USA?

I wonder if it's related to the suspension? I do hear a metal ping or two from the front right area when I leave the driveway.

Ya stuffed foam up there and fixed it for the most part. I don*t have it anymore I sold it as it had to many problems. I worked as a service manager at the Mazda dealer for 11 years also up until 2 years ago lol. Ya and my seat had a loud clicking and it jercked while driving etc. Ah well all good. Hope you get it figured.

Ya stuffed foam up there and fixed it for the most part. I don*t have it anymore I sold it as it had to many problems. I worked as a service manager at the Mazda dealer for 11 years also up until 2 years ago lol. Ya and my seat had a loud clicking and it jercked while driving etc. Ah well all good. Hope you get it figured.

I'm at the Mazda dealer and they said they need the car for the whole day in order to find the rattle.

What car do you have now?

Does Mazda usually issue TSBs for rattles?

I'm at the Mazda dealer and they said they need the car for the whole day in order to find the rattle.

What car do you have now?

Does Mazda usually issue TSBs for rattles?

Normally for a rattle we would have the customer drive with the tech to make it happen and help point it out. I guess some dealers are different but you dont get paid very much and they normally loose time thats the biggest thing for the tech unfortunately. I would try to see how you can make it happen then ask to drive with them.

I have a 2002 Explorer sport trac now haha love it !

The odd one but there wasnt really a lot of them they would issue tsbs for at all.

I am wondering if it could be the navigation screen? Let us know.
I dont think it's the navigation screen. I pushed on it when I heard the rattle and there was no change.

Argh, this sucks. It doesn't seem like it is rattling ad bad anymore but I'm sure it will come back in full force.

Well, just got the car back from the dealer and they can't reproduce the rattle.

Could it be the loose trunk door lugs? I have seen a thread mentioning that they found the trunk lugs were loose and used some blue loctite. Does it sound similar?

Back