2016~2023 Door panels?

sm1ke

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Contributor
:
Canada
From a different thread:

Just did the outside of mine with Boom Mat and used a bit over three 12"x12.5"x2mm sheets. A considerable improvement! Bass is just a bit boomy still at certain frequencies, but overall it's a lot tighter sounding. It improved so much that "muddiness" has gone away from the subwoofer and now I'm hearing the front door panels rattle
(argh)

Anyone know of a tutorial/write-up on how to remove the front door panels?

I've started to hear a rattle in my driver's side door panel when certain bassy music is playing. Oddly enough the rattle disappears when I apply lateral pressure on the door panel. Has anyone removed the front door panels on a 2016+ CX-9 yet?

My CX-5 has this issue, exactly. Same with the pressure makes it go away. I need to look into tracking that thing down, because it’s starting to drive me nuts. Did you ever get anywhere with it?

No I didn't. I do believe someone has actually taken the door panel off though, it should be in the CX-9 Resources.

Yep, here it is: Guide - 2nd Gen CX-9 Door Card Removal

When I get around to tracking the issue down, I'll probably test the speakers to see if I've blown them out first. Other than that, I'd make sure all screws were tight and tape down or insulate any wires that I could, then apply some sound deadening and call it a day.

I would also consider upgrading the speakers, just need to look into which ones would work well with the existing Bose components.

When I removed the door cards, I put a bunch of Kilmat on the doors. They are very well constructed compared to all the other vehicles I have taken door cards off of, but there are dozens of screws, so it is possible some of them came loose on you. I play all sorts of music and some of the songs have a lot of bass (I also have the bass turned up - I know. Shame on me. Most people turn it down) and they don’t rattle at all anymore. There wasn’t a whole lot to begin with, but some of the bass heavy songs would make a little bit of a rattle.

Yea I think I’m gonna do a bunch of sound deadening on the doors and door cards. Just ordered enough to hopefully do all 4 doors.

Back