2019 CX5 GT - Auto Hold/Jerky Acceleration/Active Cruise

xt3rri0r

Hi all,

My CX5 has about 3k miles and I haven't gotten the recall service done yet. That will be this weekend but I don't think any of the symptoms i'm experiencing with the car will be solved with the recall service. (Rocker arm)

1. When auto hold is enabled, I can feel the car vibrating when I'm stopped. I don't see the RPM needle pulsing at all when the vehicle vibrates. The rhythm of the vibration is always the same with the same pattern felt. I feel it for about 2 seconds then it would stop then continue again, this happens until the car starts moving.

2. I feel a jerky motion upon acceleration when from a stop or a slow crawl in traffic. Just like if you were driving a manual transmission and the car jerks in first gear. Its very random and can't replicate the issue if i wanted too. This happens as well when on active cruise control.

3. When coming to a stop with active cruise on, I can feel the steering wheel shake just before the car stops. No other motion is felt that is weird besides on the steering wheel.

Hopefully I'm not the only one with these issues.

Thanks,
Eric

I don't think any of those are "issues". Mazda's Smart CC gets the job done, but it is far from the best functioning SCC out there. My wife's Pacifica mini-van SCC operates soooooo much better than my CX-5.

I feel a jerky motion upon acceleration when from a stop or a slow crawl in traffic. Just like if you were driving a manual transmission and the car jerks in first gear.

Take a look at this thread... it's long and it covers a variety of issues but one or more of them is probably what you're experiencing.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...-Low-Speed-Transmission-Hesitation-Jerk-Lurch

Apparently this behavior is not a "bug", it's a "feature". But it's one that I seriously dislike and I'm surprised it doesn't get discussed more.

Take a look at this thread... it's long and it covers a variety of issues but one or more of them is probably what you're experiencing.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...-Low-Speed-Transmission-Hesitation-Jerk-Lurch

Apparently this behavior is not a "bug", it's a "feature". But it's one that I seriously dislike and I'm surprised it doesn't get discussed more.

Well that's just depressing but on me for not doing my homework for issues before purchasing. I will still ask the dealer about it and see what they say. I'm sure the response will be similar to other people on the forum.

Well that's just depressing but on me for not doing my homework for issues before purchasing. I will still ask the dealer about it and see what they say. I'm sure the response will be similar to other people on the forum.
About point number 2, Have a read at my post and let me know of this is what you're referring to?

Back