G-Vectoring Control

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Well on my first highway run there were some fast curves. I pushed the car a bit on them to see if I could note any effect from the G-Vectoring Control. I couldn't which I guess that's Mazda's intent. Anyone been able to feel the effect?

There's a ramp on the north side of Ann Arbor, Michigan where US 23 southbound joins M14 - it's an oddly cambered and radiused road, and I've always had a hard time maintaining a smooth line there. With GVC+, I no longer have the issues I used to. I set my line, and the CX-5 follows it.

Well on my first highway run there were some fast curves. I pushed the car a bit on them to see if I could note any effect from the G-Vectoring Control. I couldn't which I guess that's Mazda's intent. Anyone been able to feel the effect?

No, it's pretty transparent.

Unless you can try it on snow, you'll not feel the G-Vectoring Control really kicking in.

If you're rounding a corner pretty hard, you'll feel like the car has it's brakes engaging or dragging making the car feel soft or dumb. In other words, the car does not feel out of control but moving in a steady direction.

Unless you can try it on snow, you'll not feel the G-Vectoring Control really kicking in.

If you're rounding a corner pretty hard, you'll feel like the car has it's brakes engaging or dragging making the car feel soft or dumb. In other words, the car does not feel out of control but moving in a steady direction.

I think you're confusing GVC with stability control. All that GVC does is control the throttle to reduce engine torque, thereby pre-loading the font suspension bushings.

I think you're confusing GVC with stability control. All that GVC does is control the throttle to reduce engine torque, thereby pre-loading the font suspension bushings.

actually GVC+ does engage the brakes smoothing out the turn.

Doesn't G-Vectoring transfer power between front & back as required, as well as feather each brake individually?

I live in the winding hilly country, and have been astounded at how well this thing hugs the curves with no body roll...no matter how hard I push it.

I really want to put a handling package on it just to make it even better.

Back