First Highway Run

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
I've had my new car for about a week and a half but only driven it up and down my mountain road and in the city. Yesterday I took it on it's first open highway drive with 600 kilometers (372 miles) on the clock. It was a one hour drive each way to and back on a mostly two lane highway. On the way up there was the first radar trap I've ever seen on this road which WAZE duly informed me of but the idiots put it where there there was so much tractor trailer traffic in both directions that it would have been impossible for any one to speed. I had the lane control on and found it tugging the wheel a few times when I left my lane without turn signal. I generally took it easy on that leg. On the return trip I turned lane control off and had occasion to put the turbo to work passing two tractor trailers at a time several times. Loved it! I gave "Sport" mode a try on some passing maneuvers...wow! I was rocket man! The car was wonderful on the highway, much more quiet and relaxing than my previous car.

No...la compaera ha ha...

Last edited:
Very nice. I really did not enjoy the 2.5L non-turbo 2019 I drove as a loaner. I still really would like to try the turbo though. Sounds fun :)

Yesterday I took it on it's first open highway drive with 600 kilometers (372 miles) on the clock. It was a one hour drive each way to and back on a mostly two lane highway.
You drove 372 miles in one hour!? Even half that, 186 miles, in an hour is pretty fast.
(drive2)

Confusing choice of phrase? Ok just meant I had that milage on the odometer before taking it out on a highway. Avoidin Deer by all means come on down!

Back