2013~2016 Error code p0401

Hello everyone! First of all thank you for taking the time to read this! I have bought a 2015 2.2 AWD CX5 about a month ago. After the first refuel the check engine error appeared in the dashboard (coincidence or not). Went to the car to a multibrand workshop, they said is the EGR valve, most probably blocked and needed to be cleaned. Took at home the EGR off, cleaned it with EGR cleaning spray, after ~ 160 KM the error reappeared (error went off as the battery was disconnected). Measured the resistance between A and E pins on the valve connector, value was 02.6 ohms, below the 0.3-100 ohms (value found on some website to be correct). Discarded the old valve, bought a second Hand, measured the resistance and is 0.3 ohms, replaced the old one, and after about 80 - 100km the error reappeared. I'm stuck at this point, can anyone please help, any ideea, any service manual for 2015 CX5?
Thank you!!! Best regards from Romania, wish you all a great day!!

Buna Cosmin, ex Clujean. Maybe that EGR was bad as well. You should try a new one. IT is a diesel right? We don't really have much diesel activity here.

Arcul_de_Triumf_%2824396923048%29.jpg

Hello everyone! First of all thank you for taking the time to read this! I have bought a 2015 2.2 AWD CX5 about a month ago. After the first refuel the check engine error appeared in the dashboard (coincidence or not). Went to the car to a multibrand workshop, they said is the EGR valve, most probably blocked and needed to be cleaned. Took at home the EGR off, cleaned it with EGR cleaning spray, after ~ 160 KM the error reappeared (error went off as the battery was disconnected). Measured the resistance between A and E pins on the valve connector, value was 02.6 ohms, below the 0.3-100 ohms (value found on some website to be correct). Discarded the old valve, bought a second Hand, measured the resistance and is 0.3 ohms, replaced the old one, and after about 80 - 100km the error reappeared. I'm stuck at this point, can anyone please help, any ideea, any service manual for 2015 CX5? Visit Autoguysland to view the car diagnostic tool that you may concern.
Thank you!!! Best regards from Romania, wish you all a great day!!

It could be bad EGR valve. Replacing the EGR valve with an updated part may solve the problem.

Back