To many wheel weights on 19" OEM wheels? (>100 grams)

I have a set of OEM 19" Signature wheels (Chrome shadow) with OEM Toyo tires. Two of them are balanced with 3 or 4, 5-gram wheels weights. Two others have a LOT of wheel weight on them. 20 and 22 x 5-grams (total of 110 grams!) on the outside (behind the spokes). On the inside in the opposite corner a 45 gram lead is mounted on one wheel and 55 on the other. Is this normal? I thougth that anything above 50 grams on one side require a tire rotation?
The yellow dot on the tires are perfectly aligned with the wheel valves.
With how many weights are youre wheels balanced? Thanks a lot.

The other day when I was on the dealer lot I noticed this as well. Wondering if it is due to the wheels themselves not being manufactured well or is it due to the TPMS sensors which may be why the extra weights are required.

Are these extra weights on the other side of the tire valve stem?

The glued on weights are near the valve. It seems like a counterbalance (a clamp on weight) is in exactly the opposite site on the inside of the wheel. 120 grams of glue on leads, 55 grams (one piece) clamp on lead.

same here if it matters.
lots of weights on the 19 wheels since I got the car.
if its all good why would you care?

If you wanted to reduce the # of sticky weights or have a concern something is not quite right with the balancing at the factory, suggest you take it to a reputable tire shop that has a Hunter Road Force Balancer.

This device puts a load against the tire and measures it as if it's running on the road rather than free spinning. It's supposed to be more accurate and I've seen this method of balancing reduces the # of weights required. This device can also determine other balance issues with the wheel and runout. Take a look on YouTube for Hunter Road Force Balancer and there are several videos that explain and show why this type of wheel balancer is better.

Back