Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Thread: [Mazda5 2010+] About aftermarket stereo

Registered Member

2012 Mazda5

[Mazda5 2010+] About aftermarket stereo

Greetings from Chile!

I want to change the stereo of my 2012 Mazda5 (im interested on buying a Sony XAV-AX200) but i'm holding back for a while because i'm kinda worried about what can i lose or retain by doing that change.

I have read this forum for a while but i was unable to clear some doubts about changing my radio. Can you please help me?

• Will i lose climate control information? (I am almost certain that i wont lose that information)
    • Will i lose Cruise Control? (That should not happen, i hope)
    • Will i lose control/information of the Fuel Consumption / Range Computer? ("INFO" button, attached) (i am not sure about this, but i fear that i will lose control of that button)
    • Do i need some kind of security code if i panic-return to my OEM Radio?

Please note that won't be able to buy a Steering Wheel Interface for a while (they are kinda hard to find around here)

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2009 Mazda5 Sport

Since your post has gone unanswered... not sure it'll help, but hopefully the 2G are wired similar to the 1G. When I replaced the stereo in my 2009, I only lost the display portion that showed radio information. Climate control, cruise, range- all of that was separate from the stereo function. I think the 2G is the same, but not sure. If you search around the forum, you should find a good bit of info.

Registered Member

2012 Mazda5

Quote Originally Posted by phunky.buddha View Post
    Since your post has gone unanswered... not sure it'll help, but hopefully the 2G are wired similar to the 1G. When I replaced the stereo in my 2009, I only lost the display portion that showed radio information. Climate control, cruise, range- all of that was separate from the stereo function. I think the 2G is the same, but not sure. If you search around the forum, you should find a good bit of info.
    Thanks for you answer! I finally decided to change my stereo so i can answer my own questions. I bought a Metra radio harness, Metra dash kit and a chinese one (Seicane) just in case. The technician that did the job used the Metra side brackets and the Seicane dash (it looks better than the Metra one)

I also bought a rear camera (installed on a license plate light)

• Will i lose climate control information? (I am almost certain that i wont lose that information) / The only info that i lost was the stereo section in the panel. Range Computer, AC, clock and everything else still works
    • Will i lose Cruise Control? (That should not happen, i hope) / Cruise Control works exactly as before
    • Will i lose control/information of the Fuel Consumption / Range Computer? ("INFO" button, attached) (i am not sure about this, but i fear that i will lose control of that button) / The INFO button still works
    • Do i need some kind of security code if i panic-return to my OEM Radio? / I have not tried reinstalling my old stereo, but i don't think that i need anything else than reconnect it.

My stereo is compatible with japanese cars so it does not need any kind of adapter for steering wheel controls (ASWC-1 and so), works out of the box as long as you connect the right pins with an RC-SR1 cable (and that cable is just a 3.5mm stereo cable)