[Mazda5 2010+] About aftermarket stereo

kirschwasser

:
2012 Mazda5
Greetings from Chile!

I want to change the stereo of my 2012 Mazda5 (im interested on buying a Sony XAV-AX200) but i'm holding back for a while because i'm kinda worried about what can i lose or retain by doing that change.

I have read this forum for a while but i was unable to clear some doubts about changing my radio. Can you please help me?

• Will i lose climate control information? (I am almost certain that i wont lose that information)
  • Will i lose Cruise Control? (That should not happen, i hope)
  • Will i lose control/information of the Fuel Consumption / Range Computer? ("INFO" button, attached) (i am not sure about this, but i fear that i will lose control of that button)
  • Do i need some kind of security code if i panic-return to my OEM Radio?

Please note that won't be able to buy a Steering Wheel Interface for a while (they are kinda hard to find around here)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• abcde.png
    abcde.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 217
Since your post has gone unanswered... not sure it'll help, but hopefully the 2G are wired similar to the 1G. When I replaced the stereo in my 2009, I only lost the display portion that showed radio information. Climate control, cruise, range- all of that was separate from the stereo function. I think the 2G is the same, but not sure. If you search around the forum, you should find a good bit of info.

Since your post has gone unanswered... not sure it'll help, but hopefully the 2G are wired similar to the 1G. When I replaced the stereo in my 2009, I only lost the display portion that showed radio information. Climate control, cruise, range- all of that was separate from the stereo function. I think the 2G is the same, but not sure. If you search around the forum, you should find a good bit of info.

Thanks for you answer! I finally decided to change my stereo so i can answer my own questions. I bought a Metra radio harness, Metra dash kit and a chinese one (Seicane) just in case. The technician that did the job used the Metra side brackets and the Seicane dash (it looks better than the Metra one)

I also bought a rear camera (installed on a license plate light)

• Will i lose climate control information? (I am almost certain that i wont lose that information) / The only info that i lost was the stereo section in the panel. Range Computer, AC, clock and everything else still works
  • Will i lose Cruise Control? (That should not happen, i hope) / Cruise Control works exactly as before
  • Will i lose control/information of the Fuel Consumption / Range Computer? ("INFO" button, attached) (i am not sure about this, but i fear that i will lose control of that button) / The INFO button still works
  • Do i need some kind of security code if i panic-return to my OEM Radio? / I have not tried reinstalling my old stereo, but i don't think that i need anything else than reconnect it.

My stereo is compatible with japanese cars so it does not need any kind of adapter for steering wheel controls (ASWC-1 and so), works out of the box as long as you connect the right pins with an RC-SR1 cable (and that cable is just a 3.5mm stereo cable)

Back