Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabin Filter

2019 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD

I bought the Hepa filter off Amazon to replace the factory cabin air filter. Bosch makes HEPA filters sized for most common applications. They are one of the only ones who offer HEPA grade filters for automotive applications. It reduces airflow a little, but I am happy with it. It is a more substantial filter than the standard one and has very fine filtration. These last a while.

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

If OP's filter is that bad...highly advise to wash the cowl area (below front passenger side windshield). Probably still has some leaves/ect.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Cabin Filter

Quote Originally Posted by murky View Post
    That is ridiculous. It looks like there is very little accumulation of dust and fine stuff, just some really large things of a scale the filter shouldn't have to deal with. There should be a grill, or mesh pre-filter.

If that were mine, I'd probably slap it on my knee, or blow it out with compressed air and put it back in. It doesn't look dirty aside from those big pieces.
    Iíll do that too. Especially OPís cabin air filter is a charcoal filter which looks dirty even if itís new.

Definitely clean the outside air inlets on cowl area at bottom edge of the windshield like CX-5um suggested.

The replacement schedule for cabin filter is 24 months or 30,000 miles. Unless you noticed reduced air flow from vents, or you have special needs, just stick with recommended schedule.

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

^ probably not park under a tree if possible.

Reason why I like the white filters is I can easily gauge how dirty it is. I have an small activated charcoal air purifier sack bag thingy I keep in the car to help absorb smells.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    If OP's filter is that bad...highly advise to wash the cowl area (below front passenger side windshield). Probably still has some leaves/ect.
    Yep...that area is cleaned out every time I wash the car. And system is 95% of the time set to recirc. That crap just makes it through to the filter no matter what.
    Bill

Besides using a HEPA grade filter, you can ensure the A/C is on - the condensation will remove pollen and similar sized allergens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12