Smooth Wheel

use some leather cleaner and a good wipe with a microfiber towel it will be much better.did it today made a considerable difference although it wasn't dirty.

US $14.81 13%OFF | CARDAK Black Artificial Leather Hand-stitched Car Steering Wheel Cover For Mazda CX-3 CX3 CX-5 CX5 2017 2018 Car Steering covers
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/qnFsnpvW

I chose black string as it can hide some mistake or imperfection. You can watch a couple of youtube videos for the installation.

Is your car a 2019? Your HVAC controls look like it is.

Yes, I have 2019 GT. I updated the link also. The mobile link doesn't seem to work. The seller asked me to send my steering wheel picture so that he can send me the right one.

Thanks.

The original link worked fine for me.

I saw the note in the description recommending that the buyer send a pic of the wheel. I only asked because (like so many of these products) the model years have not been updated to include 2019.

and you have to stich it to the wheel right?

Yes, you have to stitch the cover. I believe that it took me 30-1hr to install. Just make sure align carefully before starting and plan patterns and tuck in left over pieces in between wheel and the frame. The space is very tight so you may need harder plastic than the plastic blade came with (which was was too soft for me) and I ended up using https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). But, if you don't have it, you may use credit card or other hard plastic tool. Many instructions use double side tapes, but I didn't use it because it may create mess if I want to uninstall it later. Even without it, the cover is secure fine.

Last edited:
I would agree with his complaint. I noticed this when I test drove the CX-5. It didn't prevent me from buying it, though.

Agreed...the leather almost has the softness of nappa and Im a big fan. My lady wanted to get a wheel cover to preserve the leather but it was vetoed bc I like the feel. Told her if it wears out someday well but a new one

Prefer the steering wheel of our 19 cx5 touring to the wheel in my 16 Laramie ram ctd even the one in my ctsv wagon. The momo airleather in my old 635csi wins, but that wheel is just sublime

"My lady wanted to get a wheel cover to preserve the leather but it was vetoed bc I like the feel."

If I told my lady that I vetoed it bc I like the feeling she would simply say..."guess where that steering wheel will be when you wake up in the morning, then you can tell me if you still like the feel".

Last edited:
"My lady wanted to get a wheel cover to preserve the leather but it was vetoed bc I like the feel."

If I told my lady that I vetoed it bc I like the feeling she would simply say..."guess where that steering wheel will be when you wake up in the morning, then you can tell me if you still like the feel".

My lady has her own vehicle, house, and budget. She doesnt impose on mine one bit.
Sometimes I am reminded why divorce court is such a violent show.

(rlaugh) Unfortunately, true of some relationships. (enguard)

My lady has her own vehicle, house, and budget. She doesnt impose on mine one bit.
Sometimes I am reminded why divorce court is such a violent show.

(iagree)

Back