2013~2016 Door Bent when hit in Garage rail while reversing the car

sangs

:
mazda
My car is 2016 CX5. I was taking reverse in my garage. My 4 year old kid entered back seat but didnt close the door. I didn't notice. Took the car reverse without noticing the door is open, Hit the garage rail. ( This is the problem of watching rear view camera alone and not looking side ways (nervous) )
Back door got bent. See attached file. showed to one local dent shop and he told door to be replaced and he said he can look for any doors available locally. dont know how much it will cost. I will show to other dent shop as well. Not sure whether to involve insurance and then they will increase premium (sad2). I am able to lock the door though. Looking for suggestions to handle this scenario.

Attachments

• door2.jpg
    door2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 207
The door will have to be replaced. Good body shop should be able to find a door from a salvage yard.
Most larger body shops have access to a nationwide network for car parts. If you're lucky it might be the same color.
Otherwise they will have to order a new door.

Look on the bright side, it wasn't the rear hatch. That would of been a lot more expensive.

Don't feel bad.

My younger brother was a mechanic his entire life...owned his own [sizeable] shop.

He finished working on a Porsche one day, got behind the wheel, shut the door, looked over his right shoulder as he backed it out of the shop, and didn't realize that the door had not latched and was hanging open.

**SPROING!!**

As he said, that's why you have insurance.

My car is 2016 CX5. I was taking reverse in my garage. My 4 year old kid entered back seat but didnt close the door. I didn't notice. Took the car reverse without noticing the door is open, Hit the garage rail. ( This is the problem of watching rear view camera alone and not looking side ways (nervous) )
Back door got bent. See attached file. showed to one local dent shop and he told door to be replaced and he said he can look for any doors available locally. dont know how much it will cost. I will show to other dent shop as well. Not sure whether to involve insurance and then they will increase premium (sad2). I am able to lock the door though. Looking for suggestions to handle this scenario.

Ouchie!

I would search the auto recyclers, and get another factory painted matching door.

Using a site like

car-part.com

Last edited:
if i inform insurance and use it, will it affect my points ? is my premium going to go-up ?(ughdance)

if i inform insurance and use it, will it affect my points ? is my premium going to go-up ?(ughdance)
Probably depends on the insurance company. Only way to be sure is call your agent and ask.

First accident will probably not cause a rate increase bur, as suggested, call your agent. Ed

Back