2019 CX9 creaky center cubby door on driver side?

You know the popup storage cubby doors, theres one for the driver and one passenger in between. When I lean my right elbow on the driver side it makes a light creaky side. So far it doesnt seem like the passenger side does this while driving. Starting to drive me nuts lol .

They are armrests. They're not meant to have the driver put weight on them. The sound is probably from the friction between the lid and the storage compartment when you put your weight on it. You can try lubricating the hinge, but that would really only help if the lid was squeaking when being opened or closed.

They are armrests. They're not meant to have the driver put weight on them. The sound is probably from the friction between the lid and the storage compartment when you put your weight on it. You can try lubricating the hinge, but that would really only help if the lid was squeaking when being opened or closed.

That's the thing that drives mes crazy. It doesn't even take much weight. lol Maybe ill try the lubrication route. It could be my arm resting on it and shaking as the car is moving idk

That's the thing that drives mes crazy. It doesn't even take much weight. lol Maybe ill try the lubrication route. It could be my arm resting on it and shaking as the car is moving idk

You could also maybe try padding the areas where the lid touches the armrest with some thin foam tape. That would probably work better than lubing the hinge.

Things like this bug me too. Find yourself some old trunk liner, or felt like material and glue that where the rubbing is happening.

Back