Mazda Parts Guy/Gal

:
2009 Mazda CX-9 GT
Do we have any Mazda parts guys or gals here? I need help finding a part that my dealer says isn't even listed.

Is the mystery part a piece of an assembly, and you need to buy the whole thing?

Is the mystery part a piece of an assembly, and you need to buy the whole thing?
I'm looking for the left and right "catch" for the cargo cover. I have a cover where it should be.....

Cargo_Cover_005.JPG

Cargo_Cover_017.JPG

Try searching for it on https://www.mazdapartsprime.com/ . They carry everything OEM Mazda. Hope this helps.
Nothing listed here either. Thanks though.

I think this is the case. Maybe the cargo cover includes the "catches" as part of the kit? My cargo cover was dealer installed and the "covers" were in a bag with the cargo cover part manual.

Edit: i just noticed these below are not the same catches. They mount in a different location and are a different shape. Which cargo cover uses the ones you want?

My Original post: Yes it looks like they come with the cargo cover. See the photos on this link. https://mazdashop.ca/products/cargo-cover-retractable-mazda-cx-9-2016-2017-2018-2019
Not sure how you would be able to order them on their own however. Maybe now that you know which kit they come with the dealer may be able to tell if replacement parts for the kit are available.

Last edited:
Yes it looks like they come with the cargo cover. See the photos on this link. https://mazdashop.ca/products/cargo-cover-retractable-mazda-cx-9-2016-2017-2018-2019
Not sure how you would be able to order them on their own however. Maybe now that you know which kit they come with the dealer may be able to tell if replacement parts for the kit are available.

Bronco Boy has a 2009. I tried to see if any part listings included pictures of the cover catches, but none came up in my short search. The part number for the 2009 is TD11-V1-350G, which was superseded later for part number TD11-V1-350H.

More detail.....

I bought the TD11-V1-350H. It is the cover only, no hardware or catches.
The TK78-V1-350 for 2016-19 includes all hardware and catches.

Based on what I have seen so far, I'm assuming that 2007-2015 non-power liftgate vehicles got the cleats, and power liftgate vehicles didn't. 2016-2019 vehicles go no cleats at all.

And yes, one dealer told me it was the whole interior panel, for $1400. That's a lot of plastic. LOL

Looks like "used" is the only way to get these catches.

I am getting to the same conclusion from internet research, A trip to the local scrapyard is probably your best bet. You can find a CX-9 that was in a frontal crash and find the part in good condition in the rear. You could try local body shop, they usually have access to a large inventory of salvaged parts that dealership wouldn't.

It does state online though that this cover is not compatible with power liftgate models, I wonder if there are other issues (interference maybe) than just the "missing" catches.

A trip to the local scrapyard is probably your best bet.
Agreed.

It does state online though that this cover is not compatible with power liftgate models, I wonder if there are other issues (interference maybe) than just the "missing" catches.
There are 3 issues I have run into so far.....
1) the cover touches the interior panel due to its extra width. It isn't much, but my plan is to trim the cover to fit.
2) the lack of catches.
3) the left catch won't sit as straight/flush as the right side, due to the different angle of the panel

Here is image I found of somebody that put a catch on to the left side:

Cargo_Cover_006.JPG

Definatley do-able.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back