General questions in regards to CX-5

dancx-5

:
2019 CX-5 Touring
Hello all,

I have a few questions in regards to CX-5 from steering to how to properly wash it and what products you use for that.

1) Have any of you ever felt that turning to the left or right feels heavier? In my case I find that turning left feels slightly heavier on the wheel than turning right and I'm not sure what the cause of this is. I assume I'd get an alert for tire pressure or if anything else was wrong. Is it worth bringing it in to get it looked at?

2) I need to give my CX-5 a bath. What products/ wax do you use for your CX-5 ?How do you go about thoroughly giving a car a wash?

3) What do you guys do to add a little personality to your CX-5?

Look forward to hearing what you guys have to say :)

Hello all,

I have a few questions in regards to CX-5 from steering to how to properly wash it and what products you use for that.

1) Have any of you ever felt that turning to the left or right feels heavier? In my case I find that turning left feels slightly heavier on the wheel than turning right and I'm not sure what the cause of this is. I assume I'd get an alert for tire pressure or if anything else was wrong. Is it worth bringing it in to get it looked at?
Make sure tire pressure is equal. Otherwise, I got nothin' unless the alignment is severely off. Also, is one tire in an oily patch or whatever?

2) I need to give my CX-5 a bath. What products/ wax do you use for your CX-5 ?How do you go about thoroughly giving a car a wash?
I just use whatever for soap, as long as it's made for a car. I follow with turtle wax ice shine/seal. It's done better than anything else I've ever used, and I've used most things. It even does better than the multi-stage Zaino kit a friend of mine used to use. IN fact, he now uses the TW, lol!

Nothing. Well, I say nothing. I stuck a Hodge Defense sticker on it, like I've done all my vehicles, due to my affiliation with said company.

In red. Welcome.

That turtle wax ice n shine has been streaking something fierce when I try to use it. Is it just to hot out? What's the secret?

Based on my experience with similar products (no experience with TWSS yet), they will streak if applied to a hot surface or in direct sunlight. If you don't have access to shaded parking, I'd suggest applying it at sundown or as soon as the sun comes up in the morning.

That turtle wax ice n shine has been streaking something fierce when I try to use it. Is it just to hot out? What's the secret?

I just let it streak and live with it until I wash it the next time, at which point it's perfect. The stuff lasts months. I've never had a product last that long, so a few streaks that I can see if I eyeball the hell out of it is a small price to pay for another several months of flawless beading and my windshield acting like it was JUST rain-Xed.

I dont do any vehicle care in the sun. I either wait for an overcast day or get up early and start washing as soon as its light out enough to see. When the car is dry I pull it into the garage to finish detailing. The paint is still cool to the touch and the TW Seal N Shine goes on easier than anything else Ive used. I bought a dozen high quality microfiber towels which make the task much easier.

Side note - We have a walk-in shower with a large piece of glass (7x6) as one wall. I used TW on the glass and its a lot easier to keep clean. A quick squeegee after each shower and the glass is spotless.

I just let it streak and live with it until I wash it the next time, at which point it's perfect. The stuff lasts months. I've never had a product last that long, so a few streaks that I can see if I eyeball the hell out of it is a small price to pay for another several months of flawless beading and my windshield acting like it was JUST rain-Xed.

I dont do any vehicle care in the sun. I either wait for an overcast day or get up early and start washing as soon as it*s light out enough to see. When the car is dry I pull it into the garage to finish detailing. The paint is still cool to the touch and the TW Seal N Shine goes on easier than anything else I*ve used. I bought a dozen high quality microfiber towels which make the task much easier.

Side note - We have a walk-in shower with a large piece of glass (7*x6*) as one wall. I used TW on the glass and it*s a lot easier to keep clean. A quick squeegee after each shower and the glass is spotless.

Based on my experience with similar products (no experience with TWSS yet), they will streak if applied to a hot surface or in direct sunlight. If you don't have access to shaded parking, I'd suggest applying it at sundown or as soon as the sun comes up in the morning.

Just to be clear I don't do it in direct sun either. It's just been hot so I guess the panels are hot even garaged. Looks like early morning would be the best bet.

But I agree...I'm very satisfied with the product otherwise. Excellent beading and it lasts.

EDIT: Never thought to try it on the windshield. Thanks for the tip :)

I use Surf City Garage Pacific Blue wash and wax and then Surf City Barrier Reef wax. Wax is applied like others have said in the shade or after sundown and not on a hot surface. I have used the same bottle for the last 3 years doing 2 cars at least twice a year and only now am I close to running out of the wax. I will put up a picture in my garage once I can figure that out unless there is a certain number of posts I have to make before I am allowed to.... Yes I am new to this site....

Hello all,

1. No never noticed this.
2.Wash with any car wash product/ partially dry the paint/ apply Zanio Z2 alone (no steps)/ let Z2 dry few hrs/ wipe off with cotton towel.
3. As SC palm tree deal on the back window!

Back