2019 Cargo Cover

Actually my CX-9 came with is and it can be stowed away in the compartment that you lift up when not in use. It is the compartment that is located right by the latch which the door latches to.

Actually my CX-9 came with is and it can be stowed away in the compartment that you lift up when not in use. It is the compartment that is located right by the latch which the door latches to.

Now I am confused.

Now I am confused.

The cargo cover can not be used with the 3rd row up.

When not in use, the cargo cover can be stored under the false floor in the trunk area. Here's a pic I took:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190905_082209.jpg
    IMG_20190905_082209.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,495
Hello - new member here from New Zealand. I am also keen to get one, but it is so expensive in NZ (I think the dealer wanted $800USD). Thinking of getting one imported - wanted to double check that it is easy to unhook from the location and store it under the boot/trunk floor? many thanks. I hope the fitment is not different from US to NZ market...

Hello - new member here from New Zealand. I am also keen to get one, but it is so expensive in NZ (I think the dealer wanted $800USD). Thinking of getting one imported - wanted to double check that it is easy to unhook from the location and store it under the boot/trunk floor? many thanks. I hope the fitment is not different from US to NZ market...
While I’d have to go into the cargo area of the CX-9 to refresh my memory, I find storing the cover under the cargo area a pain. If anyone knows the proper steps to remove and replace the cargo cover please post. (If memory serves me right, this may be in a thread somewhere) Thanks!

While I’d have to go into the cargo area of the CX-9 to refresh my memory, I find storing the cover under the cargo area a pain. If anyone knows the proper steps to remove and replace the cargo cover please post. (If memory serves me right, this may be in a thread somewhere) Thanks!

I had a picture of the cargo cover and the storage space, but it must have gotten lost in the forum changeover. My searches came up empty. I'll try to take some photos when I have time, but basically one of the ends of the cargo cover are compressible. You put one end into one slot and compress the other to slide it into place. Removal is the reverse of installation. Storage is underneath the trunk floor compartment. There is an indented area for the cargo cover.

I had a picture of the cargo cover and the storage space, but it must have gotten lost in the forum changeover. My searches came up empty. I'll try to take some photos when I have time, but basically one of the ends of the cargo cover are compressible. You put one end into one slot and compress the other to slide it into place. Removal is the reverse of installation. Storage is underneath the trunk floor compartment. There is an indented area for the cargo cover.
Getting it in and out of the indented area is the biggest pain.

I've never actually stored it there yet. Does it only go in one way, or is it just awkward to handle?
If memory serves me right, there’s only one way to get it in. It may be in the manual, I’ll have to check. I know this... last time I tried getting it in there, it was a PITA.

Oh I see, it must store the same way as it installs. Hmm, now you've got me thinking.. can we pull the cargo cover out when it's stored underneath the trunk, to act as a bumper protector when loading cargo? That would be nice to have.. Gonna have to try it out later.

This item is not a standard item that came with the CX-9 GT I purchased and had to be purchased separately.

In order to install this, there are a few pieces in the trunk that need to be replaced, including the hooks in the back, but this is pretty straight forward. The cover only works with the 3rd row down. If the 3rd row is raised, the cover can be removed and stored in that covered compartment that's in the trunk.

Storing the cover is a pain! I've figured out exactly one method for storing this which is to angle the entire cover into the car, then from the inside, put the right side of the cover into the furthest corner in the rear right of the trunk, and then swing the left end of the cover down into the rear left corner of the trunk. The left end of the cover will come across the 3rd row left side seatbelt. It takes some practice, but eventually you'll remember.

Back