2013~2016 Turbocharger

Estron

I see that a turbocharger is available for the new CX-5. Mine is a 2015 GT 2.5L. Does anyone know if you can add a turbocharger to it? Would it void the warranty? If you can, what would be the approximate cost?

I see that a turbocharger is available for the new CX-5. Mine is a 2015 GT 2.5L. Does anyone know if you can add a turbocharger to it? Would it void the warranty? If you can, what would be the approximate cost?

You can, but it would cost more than just buying a new GT-R CX5, and yeah, it would absolutely void any warranties expressed or implied.

Sure, just buy a 2019 engine and trans and drop it in. Zoom Zoom.

Agree with the above comments. Save up and buy a new one with factory installed turbo.

Put your request in to your local salvage yards now for an entire engine, if you're a gambler. Could be a lot less expensive. Or could be a fiasco.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it would void your powertrain warranty. Plus, I*m sure it*s not as simple or anywhere as cheap as just bolting a turbo onto the side.

Pretty sure it would void your powertrain warranty. Plus, I*m sure it*s not as simple or anywhere as cheap as just bolting a turbo onto the side.

It's not, he'd have to re-build the entire engine, find a custom tuning solution, and so forth. It would cost more than a lightly used GT-R CX5 in 1-2 years, probably, once all the piping was fabbed, the last bolt turned, and the last tune updated.

You can, but it's pretty much a custom set up unless you have a 2.0, then you can get a turbo kit from Thailand. However the 2.5t is not a 2.5g with a turbo manifold and turbo. it's a different head and compression ratio, not parts you can just interchange
. Corksport is developing a 2.5 turbo kit as well.

Back