Transmission fluid

Terrapins

So Im in the middle of changing my tranny fluid and I notice that the fluid the dealer sold me is type M5 ( part no 0000-77-112E-01). I have a 2013 cx9. I thought it was supposed to be type jws3309? Does anyone know if these fluids are interchangeable or did the dealer sell me the wrong one? Thanks in advance.

Phone the parts department at another dealership. Say something like, "I was in last week and bought M5 ATF for my 2013 CX-9. Did I buy the right stuff?"

Thanks I guess that*s what I will have to do. I was hoping that someone would confirm that it was a direct replacement because I*ve already drained out the old fluid.

Stop right there - that is the wrong fluid and you can damage your transmission! Definitely wait and go back to the dealer for JWS3309. It should read this on the bottle.

Thanks for the confirmation. Makes me angry that I could have messed up my car if I did t notice that they gave me the wrong fluid. Plus parts dept has been closed for past few days and so I haven*t been able to drive my car since I*ve already drained the fluid.

I hear you. And isn*t this why we do things ourselves in the first place - dealers can make catastrophic mistakes! Good luck.

There are lots of sources for 3309 ATFs. Shop around for the best price. 3309 is an ExxonMobil spec, so check a local source for a good price for Mobil ATF 3309.

Back