Text Messages

Until lately, whenever I received a text message it showed up on the Infotainment screen and asked me if I wanted to hear/read. Now, if I go to text messages I can see the name of the person and read the message but do not see it come in real time. I have Messages notifications allowed on my phone. Is there a Communications setting I am missing? I apologize if I missed this info in the manual.

I too get a pop up message on my screen when a new text message is received and it asks if I want to read it or hear it. However, it will not respond to my request to do so unless the vehicle is at a stop. And that is a good thing for safety although it would be nice if at least the audio/read function worked while driving. Are you saying that you can read them while driving ?

I too get a pop up message on my screen when a new text message is received and it asks if I want to read it or hear it. However, it will not respond to my request to do so unless the vehicle is at a stop. And that is a good thing for safety although it would be nice if at least the audio/read function worked while driving. Are you saying that you can read them while driving ?

Fyi, I can't read mine while moving, but I can play it and listen to it while driving. I use the commander knob to play it.
When I stop, then the text will appear on the screen.

Fyi, I can't read mine while moving, but I can play it and listen to it while driving. I use the commander knob to play it.
When I stop, then the text will appear on the screen.

Same for me until recently. Do not get any notification on screen that a text came in.

-> tucsondivot :
Same here. Running f/w 70.00.100. Cell is a Samsung Note 9. Was working and after visit to Mazda for service I'm also having this same text message issue. Anything Mazda did should not have any impact on this. I can see the little envelope in the upper corner of the infotainment screen but I no longer get the pop ups to hear/read the message. I made no changes. This occurred on it's own unless Mazda did do something.

I unpaired my phone and removed from the Mazda Infotainment system and then unpaired Mazda from my cell. Shut down both car and phone. Then went back and added them. But problem still exists. Sucks!

Might do a factory reset on the infotainment system but would rather not.

Last edited:
Until lately, whenever I received a text message it showed up on the Infotainment screen and asked me if I wanted to hear/read. Now, if I go to text messages I can see the name of the person and read the message but do not see it come in real time. I have Messages notifications allowed on my phone. Is there a Communications setting I am missing? I apologize if I missed this info in the manual.

See my other posted msg in this thread. Also, I had no luck with what I posted. What may have worked is doing a factory reset on the infotainment system. I'm not sure yet as I've not had time to test it. It appears some may now be popping up but some may not be. Argh..

I completed a factory reset on the infotainment system and now it's looking like this is working correctly again. Have to setup any audio settings, favorites...etc again.

Is this problem occurring directly within the Mazda Connect system, or via CP or AA?

Asking because I have seen a similar issue develop within CarPlay (which I use mostly exclusively now) in regards to texts and wasn't sure why. I do get the on-screen pop-up that a new text has arrived, but that seems to slide off-screen a lot more rapidly than before, and even if I hit the Command knob before it disappears, the system no longer then reads it. I have to manually go to and select the text in question, or then use the Siri command to read new texts. That however can result in reading all unread texts, when I may just be only interested in a particular one.

Is this problem occurring directly within the Mazda Connect system, or via CP or AA?

Asking because I have seen a similar issue develop within CarPlay (which I use mostly exclusively now) in regards to texts and wasn't sure why. I do get the on-screen pop-up that a new text has arrived, but that seems to slide off-screen a lot more rapidly than before, and even if I hit the Command knob before it disappears, the system no longer then reads it. I have to manually go to and select the text in question, or then use the Siri command to read new texts. That however can result in reading all unread texts, when I may just be only interested in a particular one.

Good question. For me it was in the Mazda environment. Not AA/Carplay.

Back