2017~2024 2018 CX-5 Parking Brake Maintenace Mode

I need to replace my rear brake pads 2018 CX-5 AWD and was wondering if you need to put parking Brake in service mode like the 2016-17? If so is it the same process?

TIA.

I need to replace my rear brake pads 2018 CX-5 AWD and was wondering if you need to put parking Brake in service mode like the 2016-17? If so is it the same process?

TIA.
Theyre the same. Make sure to read this excellent thread by tomcat1446:

Maintenance Mode for 2016/2017 CX-5 electronic brakes

Just curious, why you need rear disk pads so early on a 2018 CX-5 AWD?

And you posted your question in the wrong section.

Sorry about wrong section. I have 40K on car and rear pads are just about due. I am going to be away from my tools for a few months so thought i would be proactive..I did read the post you sent and yes very good write up. Thanks for your
response.

Sorry about wrong section. I have 40K on car and rear pads are just about due. I am going to be away from my tools for a few months so thought i would be proactive..I did read the post you sent and yes very good write up. Thanks for your
response.
I imagine you drove 40K miles in less than 1 years usually means you have lots of highway miles. Your rear disk pads should still be fine unless you have some issues such as uneven wear between inner and outer pads which may be caused by lack of lubrication on caliper pins or enve by EPB dragging. If I were you I*d lubricate the caliper pins with proper grease, and check the lot number making sure the rear calipers are revised version.

Actually I commute back roads and hills. I routinely check and lubricate caliper pins. Curious about lot number and rev version? Is there a recall I should be aware of?

TIA.

Actually I commute back roads and hills. I routinely check and lubricate caliper pins. Curious about lot number and rev version? Is there a recall I should be aware of?

TIA.
I was curious that why you need rear brake pads so soon. No recalls but therere several TSBs for EPB brake dragging problem on 2016 CX-5 which should not be applicable to your 2018 CX-5:

2016 rear brake TSB resolution

You can check lot number described here, and also described in the TSB:

Parking brake malfunction

Back