Windshield washer fluid indicator

:
CX5
Does anyone know if 2019 CX5 Signature comes with windshield washer fluid sensor that indicates if the fluid level is low?
The owner manual says (*only some models) for windshield fluid indicator light. So I'm just wondering if 2019 CX5 has it.

Does anyone know if 2019 CX5 Signature comes with windshield washer fluid sensor that indicates if the fluid level is low?
The owner manual says (*only some models) for windshield fluid indicator light. So I'm just wondering if 2019 CX5 has it.

6 months in and I'm STILL on the original factory (or dealer) fill.

I'm in Canada, and I will let you know if the light ever comes on lol

You could always look under the hood rather than rely on idiot lights. Same with getting a good air pressure gauge and doing a walk around every couple of weeks checking for nails and other foreign objects in your tires rather than relying on the TPMS.
Bond with your car. It's a good feeling.

My washer fluid last forever it feels.

I have an indicator light. It will be a yellow light. It really only comes on when mine is almost down to nothing left.

You could always look under the hood rather than rely on idiot lights. Same with getting a good air pressure gauge and doing a walk around every couple of weeks checking for nails and other foreign objects in your tires rather than relying on the TPMS.
Bond with your car. It's a good feeling.

I would like to read your method for viewing the windshield washer level under the hood?(RTM)

I would like to read your method for viewing the windshield washer level under the hood?(RTM)

I'm sure he just means to top it off as noted in the manual (i.e. check fluid level, tire pressure, etc. whenever you gas up).

WUkYQa0.png

That's interesting. When I confirmed for myself the "Some Models" that others stated, I did not pay attention to the instrument cluster type, although I believe that the manual says "models" where we would say "trims."

So if you have the cluster where the Multi Information Display is the center gauge behind the speedometer, then you have the low fluid indicator (it's not asterisked in that section). My Reserve has this style.

Pg 4-24: Shows this display style and begins the descriptions of the Warning Indicators/Warning Lights.
Pg 4-26: The section that your screen-shot is extracted from (the non-asterisked one).

Last edited:

I am not blessed with Superman's X Ray vision so I just open the hood and look at the reservoir. See manual, section 6 page 30.

Same with checking the oil and brake fluid and occasionally, the battery.

Last edited:
I am not blessed with Superman's X Ray vision so I just open the hood and look at the reservoir. See manual, section 6 page 30.

Yes theres a way to check windshield washer fluid level with the attached plastic dipstick on the cap. My 1998 Honda CR-V has it too. But I found its near impossible to see the fluid level on the dipstick, especially with plain water.

attachment.php

0036EFE7-60CE-4924-8C8F-CD28FB712A4A.jpeg

? Superman? Yes good to check all your fluids! (shrug)

Strange, on mine the reservoir is hidden down behind the bumper and is impossible to see a level on mine unless you fill up to the neck.
Ours has a light, and it comes up on the info display when the fluid is low.

Does this mean you have REAR SEAT seatbelt warning light too? (huh) (uhm) ;)

Yup.

My Reserve does.

Them 3 little red Munchkins all lined up in a row when I first turn the ignition on, right above the HVAC controls.

Yup.

My Reserve does.

Them 3 little red Munchkins all lined up in a row when I first turn the ignition on, right above the HVAC controls.
Good to know. This rear seat seatbelt warning light used to only available in other regions on CX-5.

Back