2017~2024 Stupid? but how do you read/interpret the dipstick?

Let me know what the say about the sticker. I wonder if they put stickers on unsold cars in their lot that they fix. If not, maybe they considered our cars like that. Mine still has low miles.

hey myfirstmazda, went to dealer and asked them to show me how to check oil...
The lady at the service desk said , sure I can do that !
We went outside and she said, first you pop the hood and lift it with this latch...

I said I know how to check it , but it always gives false readings not unless sitting for hours.
So, cx5 was sitting about 5-6 minutes by then...... she pulls the dipstick out and looks and says
it looks good to me.. I looked and it was right below the top dot...... I said , do it again..
She wiped oil off and put dipstick in , pulled it out and same exact reading/level !
I said how are you doing it ? Does it need a woman's touch or something ??

What I found out is when I pull it out I twist the stick , instead of pulling it straight
and smooth....... and I was looking at the back side of the stick, which is still all over
the place, but the front is showing true.........

And as far as CD sticker, I asked the mechanic why I didn't get the Campaign Label sticker
showing the CD software fix. He said they don't do the sticker at that dealership.. He said
they figure it's in the computer and no need for a sticker..

He said it was up to each dealer to decide...

hey myfirstmazda, went to dealer and asked them to show me how to check oil...
The lady at the service desk said , sure I can do that !
We went outside and she said, first you pop the hood and lift it with this latch...

I said I know how to check it , but it always gives false readings not unless sitting for hours.
So, cx5 was sitting about 5-6 minutes by then...... she pulls the dipstick out and looks and says
it looks good to me.. I looked and it was right below the top dot...... I said , do it again..
She wiped oil off and put dipstick in , pulled it out and same exact reading/level !
I said how are you doing it ? Does it need a woman's touch or something ??

What I found out is when I pull it out I twist the stick , instead of pulling it straight
and smooth....... and I was looking at the back side of the stick, which is still all over
the place, but the front is showing true.........

And as far as CD sticker, I asked the mechanic why I didn't get the Campaign Label sticker
showing the CD software fix. He said they don't do the sticker at that dealership.. He said
they figure it's in the computer and no need for a sticker..

He said it was up to each dealer to decide...

Interesting about the sticker. Thanks! I usually twist the dipstick to free the o-ring, and then pull straight up, check, wipe and re-check pulling the stick straight up.

Back