Decided to purchase a 2019 Mazda 3 GT Sport

efferr

Hey everyone.

I have decided to join the Mazda family after owning a 2009 Chevy Cobalt with 156,000 kms on it. The car has treated me well but over the last year or so repairs have been too much. I went and test drove a 2019 Mazda 3 GT Sport and it was amazing. Quite the difference from my 09 Cobalt!

I want to make sure that by the time I receive the car from the dealership, I have crossed all my t's and dotted my i's. I read that I should ask for make sure that my car has the latest version of Mazda Commander from the dealership, as any updates can only come from them?. Is this true?. Is there anything else I should have them confirm for me before I leave the dealership?. Any help would be appreciated.

Best advice is to really shop around. Not sure how easy it is to deal with dealers in Canada, but here in Los Angeles I just had a reserve auction with every dealer in town. Lowest price got my business. Not sure if it applies in Canada either, but chase bank offered $500 off post negotiation and had a great rate. The offer surely expired by now, but I recommend looking around for deals as they are there.

Hey everyone.

I have decided to join the Mazda family after owning a 2009 Chevy Cobalt with 156,000 kms on it. The car has treated me well but over the last year or so repairs have been too much. I went and test drove a 2019 Mazda 3 GT Sport and it was amazing. Quite the difference from my 09 Cobalt!

I want to make sure that by the time I receive the car from the dealership, I have crossed all my t's and dotted my i's. I read that I should ask for make sure that my car has the latest version of Mazda Commander from the dealership, as any updates can only come from them?. Is this true?. Is there anything else I should have them confirm for me before I leave the dealership?. Any help would be appreciated.

Do a complete once over on the car. Make sure there are no visible defects in the paint or other bodywork, ensure the interior is clean. Double-check the tire pressure and make sure it's at or near the recommended PSI as stated on the sticker in the driver's side door jamb. This might be going a little overboard, but also consider driving around the lot with your sales rep to identify any weird stuff (odd noises, steering or drivetrain issues, seat comfort, etc). You could also ask them to make sure the infotainment has been updated to the latest version.

Even if they can't fix an issue that might arise on the spot, you can get them to take accountability for a future fix (maybe even refuse delivery until the issues have been sorted out).

Last edited:
Why sport version? Have you tried the new BOSE stereo with the center woofer? This is a major upgrade and it makes sense to spend a little to have that. I believe it is a part of preferred package.
It is a unique stereo. The best one I ever had.

Back