Must have CX-5 Tools and Items

Some old designs of pinch welds, or at least the ones Toyota used, are very flawed. With large cutouts in the metal it's no surprise they can fail or sustain damage. This guy looked like he didn't lift from the pinch weld but just chose a nearby random point to lift from. The Mazda pinch welds are three layers of steel bonded together, so I'm comfortable using them. I recently used the aluminum adapter at each point when undercoating underneath the vehicle and in the wheel wells and it worked great. No creaking noises. I'd either use those 4 points or the single designated points front or rear. My last vehicle was lifted from the rear differential housing at some point (it was a heavier truck) and it was pretty well marked up from carrying the weight (almost 3,000 lbs) on a very small area.

Last edited:
And whenever jacking up a car, be observant and careful and gradual, and lower the car down if anything sounds or looks wrong. Don't do what this person did (skip to 3:24). He made many mistakes, used multiple pads, didn't place the jack properly, cranks away on it without looking, doesn't lower the jack when hearing bad sounds, etc.

I missed the part where he put a chock at the front driver's-side tire. (freak)

Gonna do my next brake bleed myself....no more having dealership doing it for me at $120 per visit. I have this one man brake bleeder still new in wrap for 1 year now. No excuses for me to DIY! Best of all I can take my time and make sure the job is done right.

Every vehicle has certain tools or items that enhance the safety or usability.

What are some of the tools or upgrades on your CX-5 that you like or appreciate the most?

I've only had the vehicle for about a month, but I just ordered this pinch weld jack adapter for about 12 bucks for my floor jack. It is solid aluminum with a UHMW insert. This is the best rated metal one I could find compared to all the rubber adapters.

PWcIQEj.png

What size of slot width fits the CX-5?

Back