Must have CX-5 Tools and Items

Love Mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVTp8EpzZ5E

Added 5 psi per tire in a matter of seconds yesterday. Set your psi and it automatically shuts off when reached. Stays planted and does not hop around. No cords to deal with. I also used it to inflate a yoga fitness ball.

Not a must have but is sure nice to have:)

I've had this handy guy for about a year now. It's a wonderful tool and my wife loves it for filling tires on the Burley and on her bike. Well worth the price!

Got 'em yesterday, haven't put them on yet. I am satisfied with the quality.

Please let us know how you like them. I have minor doubts because they're so inexpensive, but it seems that most of the buyers are satisfied.

A couple of buyers said they could not get the pistons to extend, and others recommended you dry-fit the nuts on the bracket stud, since they had issues.

thanks for the video....... looks simple enough and seems to work ...

I wonder when those bottom nuts start getting loose, it might be good to
have a way to tighten them again before you snap or pull them off that tool...

I might just try it ..........

thanks for the video....... looks simple enough and seems to work ...

I wonder when those bottom nuts start getting loose, it might be good to
have a way to tighten them again before you snap or pull them off that tool...

I might just try it ..........

I'm going to order a set, and plan on using https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). You can get it at auto stores or home improvement stores, maybe even at Walmart.

Not sure if you're familiar with the product. Loctite is a "glue" for threaded parts. It comes in different strengths.

Loctite Red is permanent. Often used for internal engine parts that will never be disassembled.
Loctite Blue can be undone with moderate force, and it stops threaded parts from vibrating apart.

Loctite Blue is what I use when I don't want threaded screws to back out, but want to be able to take them apart later. Others here might have better suggestions.

I'm going to order a set, and plan on using https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). You can get it at auto stores or home improvement stores, maybe even at Walmart.

Not sure if you're familiar with the product. Loctite is a "glue" for threaded parts. It comes in different strengths.

Loctite Red is permanent. Often used for internal engine parts that will never be disassembled.
Loctite Blue can be undone with moderate force, and it stops threaded parts from vibrating apart.

Loctite Blue is what I use when I don't want threaded screws to back out, but want to be able to take them apart later. Others here might have better suggestions.

Watched a youtube vid on changing brake rotors/pads. Dude used loctite blue for the caliper bolts.

A good lube to have around is Silicone grease. Got a tube at Napa called Sil-Glide or something like that. Used to lube the brake sliding pins. I use lithium grease (with red spray straw) for door hinges at home/car, ect. 2 good lubes to have around not named KY LOL

Last edited:
Watched a youtube vid on changing brake rotors/pads. Dude used loctite blue for the caliper bolts.

A good lube to have around is Silicone grease. Got a tube at Napa called Sil-Glide or something like that. Used to lube the brake sliding pins. I use lithium grease (with red spray straw) for door hinges at home/car, ect. 2 good lubes to have around not named KY LOL

I keep a chart of recommended lubes on my laptop.

It gets confusing knowing which ones are for what application. Some applications don't mind dirt sticking to it.

Regarding KY, that conversation belongs in the Dealership Experience threads.
And those are the nice dealers...they don't all use it.

I keep a chart of recommended lubes on my laptop.

It gets confusing knowing which ones are for what application. Some applications don't mind dirt sticking to it.

Regarding KY, that conversation belongs in the Dealership Experience threads.
And those are the nice dealers...they don't all use it.

LOL on a serious note though..YES!! Keeping that chart helps. Example: using silicone grease won't harm certain rubber parts/o-rings found on the brake sliding pins. That was a win for me since I used the correct application. What I did wrong was also use it on brake pads hardware clips and backing plate....I should've used something like copper grease. I know better now after doing more research.

Oh and lithuim grease lubes my car garage hinges and spring.

Last edited:
so doesn't anyone know if a regular sized tire fits into the spare compartment
and also be able to close the spare top cover ???

A CX-7 spare matches better and fits in the spare well. A full size wheel and tire will not with the foam insert in place.

Last edited:
Found this installation video.

I just did this, used blue Loctite as suggested by @Avoidin Deer. The struts are difficult to compress/extend. I did one side, and exercised the strut, disconnected and did the same for the other side.

Great deal for $25.

I just did this, used blue Loctite as suggested by @Avoidin Deer. The struts are difficult to compress/extend. I did one side, and exercised the strut, disconnected and did the same for the other side.

Great deal for $25.

Nice! Going to install mine this week.

I placed an Amazon order last night...orbital polisher, pads, clay bar, lube, and these struts.

This is like when I bought my '59 Austin Healey many years ago.
My first J.C. Whitney order was more than I paid for the car! (But that included a new rag top).

I bought the hood struts from Amazon and like them. Crazy that it didn't come with any instructions. I did watch the video and that helped. And used the Loctite. I may switch the sides on where it attaches to the hood for a little more clearance. I think the hood needs to open higher even with the rod. But, I think the same thing about the rear hatch. I hit my head on my '16 many times.

I may switch the sides on where it attaches to the hood for a little more clearance.

Does that mean you'll attach the hood-side bracket to the rear hinge bolt rather than the front hinge bolt, or is there a different way to get more lift to it?

I watched a couple of vids and didn't see anyone discuss options.

Back