Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to find japanese oil filter?

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Where to find japanese oil filter?

The manufacturing quality control and the changing filter outer diameter of Mazda OEM MV oil filter definitely leave something to be desired. Thatís why I prefer Japanese Tokyo Roki oil filter and bought 23 of it when it was still available from Med Center Mazda.

On the other hand, OEM Thai oil filter made by Nippon Denso also has high quality like Tokyo Rokiís.

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    The manufacturing quality control and the changing filter outer diameter of Mazda OEM MV oil filter definitely leave something to be desired. Thatís why I prefer Japanese Tokyo Roki oil filter and bought 23 of it when it was still available from Med Center Mazda.

On the other hand, OEM Thai oil filter made by Nippon Denso also has high quality like Tokyo Rokiís.
    ...hey can't the Nippon Denso be sourced from Toyota dealerships (US Mazda2's)?

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Where to find japanese oil filter?

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    ...hey can't the Nippon Denso be sourced from Toyota dealerships (US Mazda2's)?
    Yes. And usually itís cheaper.

Honestly, if I ran out my Japanese oil filter, I'd definitely get 1WPE-14-302 Thai filter as it's really well made and looks as good as Japanese filter other than manufacture location. It's made by Denso and it carries Japanese and Toyota's quality. We can get those from Toyota's OEM p/n 90118-WBA40 oil filter for Yaris iA (rebadged Mazda2).

The only problem for me is I need to get a different cap oil filter wrench or something else, as the diameter is smaller on Thai filter.

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    While looking for OEM oil filter for my newly acquired 2018 Toyota Yaris iA (rebadged Mazda2), I found Toyota's OEM p/n 90118-WBA40 oil filter for Yaris iA / Scion iA is rebadged Mazda (Nippon) Denso Thai filter 1WPE-14-302! 25% of Denso now owned by Toyota. So there's an alternative getting better quality Mazda OEM Thai oil filter from different sources may be with lower price.

Attachment 220451Attachment 220452

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12