17" Wheels Fit Over Signature Brakes?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
I think this has been covered but I'm still confused. Do the 17" wheels fit over the Signature brakes. Asking because I thought I read here that the Sig brakes are larger. As has been made very clear elsewhere there are just about no off road type tires in the 19" size so if one wants that have to go to 17" wheels.

Thanks SonicBoy. Although Tirerack seems a reliable source, if anyone actually tried it and can confirm, I would feel much better.

I put these 17" wheels on my 2019 CX-5 Signature last week. The tires are Bridgestone Blizzak WS80. I bought this wheel/tire package 3 years ago for a Subaru Outback (I don't put on a lot of miles annually). No fitment problems on the CX-5, but I needed to replace the TPMS sensors.

Last edited:
Just called my dealership again, and I specifically mentioned the larger brakes in front. The person from the parts dep't told me that the 17" wheels will fit. I'll follow up on this next week, when I get them installed...

Steel Rims

Tire Rack says yes to 17" no to 16".

New to the forum here and my first post.

I am about to purchase a standard 16" steel rims with 245/70/16 winter tires for a 2018 Grand touring, two questions;

1- am I going to have brake fitment issues?
2- will the oem lugs work with the typical steel rim? or do I need to buy a different set of lugs?

Thanks to all who contributes to this awesome forum.

Hey Sylvainm, from your research, does the signature have a bigger brakes then an 18 grand touring? I am trying to get a 16" steel rim installed. Thx.

I'm told that the only the Turbo models have larger front brake discs.

Back