CR-V vs Rav4 vs CX-5: Edmunds 2019 Compact SUV Comparison Test

If it's Edmunds doing the reviews, then the CR-V will win everytime.
I called them out last year via e-mail about their ratings and their review on the CR-V, with them never mentioning the oil dilution issues or lack of heat in the winter in cold climates.
The response I got from them laughable. Mega excuses and deflection on why the CR-V was number one and why they don't discuss or write about the post sale issues with these things.
It was obvious that Honda somehow has them in their pocket. Maybe Edmunds gets a kickback???

I think it's safe to say big advertisers get the automatic win, or at least major consideration!

RZ6Ngou.jpg

It's par for the course for these reviewers to only be concerned with the new-car experience and not the real world data/issues. But when you watch the review, note how much more praise they actually have for the CX-5.

I think it's safe to say big advertisers get the automatic win, or at least major consideration!

RZ6Ngou.jpg

It's par for the course for these reviewers to only be concerned with the new-car experience and not the real world data/issues. But when you watch the review, note how much more praise they actually have for the CX-5.

they do, and don't really give an explanation on why they chose the crv

RZ6Ngou.jpg

Aha! Edmunds has been exposed! Thank you!

If it's Edmunds doing the reviews, then the CR-V will win everytime.
I called them out last year via e-mail about their ratings and their review on the CR-V, with them never mentioning the oil dilution issues or lack of heat in the winter in cold climates.
The response I got from them laughable. Mega excuses and deflection on why the CR-V was number one and why they don't discuss or write about the post sale issues with these things.
It was obvious that Honda somehow has them in their pocket. Maybe Edmunds gets a kickback???

Actually, if you still have that email, I'd like to see the response. Please paste it here :)

Actually, if you still have that email, I'd like to see the response. Please paste it here :)

Sorry, I don't have it anymore.
I tend to keep my e-mail in basket pretty clean, unlike my wife, who never deletes an e-mail.
I have the odd one that I keep in an archive file, but for the most part, my in basket is pretty clean.
Anyway, he basically stated that their review(s) are based solely on the test drive, and that any historical data is not factored in to their evaluations.
He said this is to prevent any bias in the reviews. Right.

Back