Any Rear Sway Bars for AWD CX-5?

CX_MCHNE

Thread Necromancer
:
CA
:
2019 GTR
Having trouble finding a rear sway bar that'll fit w/ AWD.
  • JBR says FWD only
  • CS doesn't list sway bars for any CX-5
  • Megan has one for FWD only

Anyone know of one that fits?

Hm. The shipping alone would be $150. If anyone knows a cheaper way, I'm interested.

Hm. The shipping alone would be $150. If anyone knows a cheaper way, I'm interested.

that sounds like express shipping price. slow shipping is probably less. I.e I just got a quote for two (smaller) parts. standard shipping was $18 but I would be looking at November. Express is $95 in 7-12 days.

For anyone w/ a similar need: I bought the hardrace 7028 and 7691 for my 2019 AWD CX-5 from this guy: https://www.aleksracing.com/ The website is a little sketch and some of the pages are in Russian, but I took a chance and ordered because buyhardrace didn't get back to me and Aleks quoted much cheaper shipping.
Parts arrived safe and look totally legit to me (branded box, nice finish, packed well, included decals).
Shipping was $90, 12days. The guy was super responsive, getting back to me quickly on weekends, and was timely with tracking info. I recommend him if you need hardrace, border, or ultra.
Now we'll see if I can figure out installation.

For anyone w/ a similar need: I bought the hardrace 7028 and 7691 for my 2019 AWD CX-5 from this guy: https://www.aleksracing.com/ The website is a little sketch and some of the pages are in Russian, but I took a chance and ordered because buyhardrace didn't get back to me and Aleks quoted much cheaper shipping.
Parts arrived safe and look totally legit to me (branded box, nice finish, packed well, included decals).
Shipping was $90, 12days. The guy was super responsive, getting back to me quickly on weekends, and was timely with tracking info. I recommend him if you need hardrace, border, or ultra.
Now we'll see if I can figure out installatio

How was installation? Any resources/vids?

waiting on a free weekend. ...and kinda tempted to keep waiting until July so I can put on a CS exhaust at the same time. I'm pretty sure I'll have to be lowering the rear subframe a few inches and hoping I don't mess something up in the AWD coupling. Service manuals say it (and a bunch of other stuff) should be disconnected. I'll update w/ whatever I discover when I finally get around to it.

waiting on a free weekend. ...and kinda tempted to keep waiting until July so I can put on a CS exhaust at the same time. I'm pretty sure I'll have to be lowering the rear subframe a few inches and hoping I don't mess something up in the AWD coupling. Service manuals say it (and a bunch of other stuff) should be disconnected. I'll update w/ whatever I discover when I finally get around to it.
FYI, corksports cx5 axle back has been delayed further until August 😭

Tried to install an aftermarket rear sway bar today - it didn't work out. I couldnt access the top bolt of the bushing bracket.

I had just lifted the rear on the rear diff and used jackstands, then removed the wheel. Looks like more needs to be removed to properly access the bushing brackets.

I'm gonna wait until more DIY information comes out, or find a local mechanic who's willing to install.

Just got a labor quote from a local mechanic specializing in mazda - "that's a lot of work...$650" for labor for RSB install lol

I'm gonna have to think about this 😅

How was installation? Any resources/vids?
Ok, had a free weekend to try this. Got it to work lowering the subframe a few inches on one side at a time:

Back