Pick Up Reserve tommorrow....

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
What works well and what doesn't?

I have seen a lot of complaints about the rain sensing wipers. Anything else?

Will now be a two CX-5 family, hopefully the neighbors won't think we're weird. I'll just have to be fast when pulling into the garage.

Goodbye CR-V you won't be missed even though you were reliable and a workhorse.

Will now be a two CX-5 family, hopefully the neighbors won't think we're weird. I'll just have to be fast when pulling into the garage.

Check tire pressure first thing.

It's different for everybody. Let us know what doesn't work for YOU. :)
Congratulations!

Tire pressures, seat comfort (though you should have gotten an idea of that from the test drive), fluid levels, paint quality, panel alignment.

Also probably a good idea to get the towing eyelet for the front/rear, just in case. Mazda doesn't include those for some reason.

Tire pressures, seat comfort (though you should have gotten an idea of that from the test drive), fluid levels, paint quality, panel alignment.

Also probably a good idea to get the towing eyelet for the front/rear, just in case. Mazda doesn't include those for some reason.

Is the eyelet free? Does the dealer install or do I have too.

Congrats!

I almost like you having 2 CX-5's in my family. Cylinder deactivation stopped me doing that.

Do what sm1ke has said above. Please report us back if your oil level is ⅓ quarts over "Max" mark! ;)

I was excited to have rain sensing wipers, but wound up disabling them because they were frustrating for me. I'd like them to come on sooner and wipe faster. Funny, others wish they were less sensitive.

I was excited to have rain sensing wipers, but wound up disabling them because they were frustrating for me. I'd like them to come on sooner and wipe faster. Funny, others wish they were less sensitive.

...which tells me Mazda nailed it. You're not doing it right until both extremes b**** at you.

...which tells me Mazda nailed it. You're not doing it right until both extremes b**** at you.

No, they blew it because they just don't work right in some [most] cars.

You would be right if everybody reported the same functionality, and they disagreed about it's design/usefulness/implementation/whatever. But they don't.

No, they blew it because they just don't work right in some [most] cars.

You would be right if everybody reported the same functionality, and they disagreed about it's design/usefulness/implementation/whatever. But they don't.

They work as good as they do in my Lexus when it starts raining, which is great. The only difference, they don't seem to stop as quick when the rain lets up, or I pull into the garage. I just learned to turn them off when that happens. Not really that big of a deal.

They work as good as they do in my Lexus when it starts raining, which is great. The only difference, they don't seem to stop as quick when the rain lets up, or I pull into the garage. I just learned to turn them off when that happens. Not really that big of a deal.

Exactly. They work for some, too sensitive for some, too insensitive for others, too fast, too slow.... I hadn't heard about them not shutting off quick enough.

Just disable this feature and they work like regular intermittent wipers, just like the old days.....lol. Problem solved.
To me, rain sensing wipers is just another dumb feature that nobody asked for.

Make sure you let the infotainment system fully load (give it a few minutes) before pairing a phone.

My salesguy said he was told to hold the Start button down fully, rather than just punch it...it's supposed to make sure the electronics fully load. But he's a salesguy, probably trying to head off a complaint about the system not always loading properly (mostly XM fail-to-load issues).

To me, this is a minor thing that is far outweighed by how nice these cars are (although one member has had catastrophic XM failure issues).
I've had my Reserve since March and really love it.

Exactly. They work for some, too sensitive for some, too insensitive for others, too fast, too slow.... I hadn't heard about them not shutting off quick enough.

It honestly sounds like a calibration issue in some cars. Is there a simple re-learn or dealer reset?

It honestly sounds like a calibration issue in some cars. Is there a simple re-learn or dealer reset?

Could be, but people have been complaining for a long time, and haven't heard of a fix.

It could also be that the sensor and/or the software just isn't good enough.

Doesn't matter to me since I prefer manual control.

How does yours work for you?

My salesguy said he was told to hold the Start button down fully, rather than just punch it...it's supposed to make sure the electronics fully load. But he's a salesguy, probably trying to head off a complaint about the system not always loading properly (mostly XM fail-to-load issues).
It's easy to think that it hasn't started sometimes because the IP self test lasts so long [2 sec?!], and the engine is so smooth and quiet.

And if you hit it again and it has already started, no problem, no more grinding solenoids. Nice.

Back