Pick Up Reserve tommorrow....

That's all I meant by my post, then Buzzman12 took it and ran away with it.
Oh come on dude, I hardly "ran away with it".
I just found your remark amusing after hearing about the future and the paperless world for most of my career.
I was just a joke.

Received as a gift. Could not afford it otherwise. It's very pricey and I mean pricey.

Yeah, that's why I've never bought a Dalmore. Little too pricey for 40% ABV on the 12 year.

Still wouldn't mind a try. Wish USA did more Scotch singles. Expensive hobby for "trying a bottle".

Jesus. I said we are moving closer and closer to a paperless world, I didn't say we are living in a paperless world or that it's right around the corner.

I write manuals for a living, so I'd know just as well as any of you how close the "paperless office" is. You cannot argue with the fact that paper usage in any modern office has been reduced a significant amount. That's all I meant by my post, then Buzzman12 took it and ran away with it. Paper will never go away completely, but soon enough the manuals that come in cars will be replaced by "Quick Start Guides" that are less than 40 pages long and include a reference to a website that hosts an electronic copy (that is always up to date).

Oh I don't disagree with you.

I write a lot of documentation, guides, charters, SOPs, etc as well, but it's all electronic. Someone could print if they wanted to.

, but soon enough the manuals that come in cars will be replaced by "Quick Start Guides" that are less than 40 pages long and include a reference to a website that hosts an electronic copy (that is always up to date).

I don't know about the U.S. but Mazda have been doing this in the U.K. for a couple of years now. At least the line drawings are in colour in the quick start guide so it makes it easier to assimilate. The full manual is not provided and you have to go online if you want more detail.

Back