Nav question

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
My wife will be picking up her new Reserve in the next couple days. I don't have Nav on my Touring so I couldn't answer this for her.

Can you speak the destination into the unit or do you have to type it in? I know on my Touring you can use some voice commands for the Infotainment and I was wondering if they've executed voice recognition for Nav.

Don't tell me to just use her smartphone because she won't do it. She's not technically inclined. In fact she's never paired her phone in her CRV.

My wife will be picking up her new Reserve in the next couple days. I don't have Nav on my Touring so I couldn't answer this for her.

Can you speak the destination into the unit or do you have to type it in? I know on my Touring you can use some voice commands for the Infotainment and I was wondering if they've executed voice recognition for Nav.

Don't tell me to just use her smartphone because she won't do it. She's not technically inclined. In fact she's never paired her phone in her CRV.

Yep, the CX-5 Navigation has always been voice recognition.

If you ever want to know more, just hit the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel, and speak the word HELP or TUTORIAL for a complete list of lessons.

Yep, the CX-5 Navigation has always been voice recognition.

If you ever want to know more, just hit the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel, and speak the word HELP or TUTORIAL for a complete list of lessons.

Thanks, I'll try that.

If I may suggest that if she won't pair her phone to her new car that you do it for her? If she uses her cell while driving then she should be doing it hands free and not holding the cell up to the side of her head.

I can't tell you how sick and tired I am of seeing drivers who feel that their phone calls/texts are more important than paying attention to their driving and what's going on around them...

If I may suggest that if she won't pair her phone to her new car that you do it for her? If she uses her cell while driving then she should be doing it hands free and not holding the cell up to the side of her head.

I can't tell you how sick and tired I am of seeing drivers who feel that their phone calls/texts are more important than paying attention to their driving and what's going on around them...

I hear you, it's insane around here and it's mostly female drivers. The fine is around $215.00 but it doesn't deter. The only way it's going to stop is if the Insurance companies say: "if you're in an accident and it was determined you were on a phone at the time we will not cover you."

She doesn't use the phone while she's driving but I am going to pair it just in case.

I hear you, it's insane around here and it's mostly female drivers. The fine is around $215.00 but it doesn't deter. The only way it's going to stop is if the Insurance companies say: "if you're in an accident and it was determined you were on a phone at the time we will not cover you."

She doesn't use the phone while she's driving but I am going to pair it just in case.

Thank you!

I never talk on my phone while driving. I let everything go to voice mail, and if I'm expecting a call, I'll pull over somewhere and retrieve the message while parked (unless my phone's paired to the infotainment system).

I was out here in the sticks when I was in the process of buying my house and got a call that went to voice mail. Since I was expecting news on my mortgage, I pulled over to get the message and return the call. The guy who was working in his yard walked over to see if I needed help!

I never talk on my phone while driving. I let everything go to voice mail, and if I'm expecting a call, I'll pull over somewhere and retrieve the message while parked (unless my phone's paired to the infotainment system).

I was out here in the sticks when I was in the process of buying my house and got a call that went to voice mail. Since I was expecting news on my mortgage, I pulled over to get the message and return the call. The guy who was working in his yard walked over to see if I needed help!

(drinks)

Back