2017~2024 2019 Signature - High beams come on after shut down

ATCX5

I just picked up my 2019 Signature (Canada) model last week and have been liking it so far.

One thing I've noticed that is confusing me is the following - when I park after dark and turn the car off the high beams come on. I have the headlights set to auto and high beam. The auto high beams have been working fine in normal driving, coming on in unlit and no traffic areas and turning off as I encounter other traffic or streetlights. However, as I park the lights are low beam, but the second I turn the car off they switch to high beam. I have coming home light on (but I thought that required pulling back on the light stock as if you were trying to flash the high beams, which I'm not doing). And in any case the manual says coming home lights are supposed to be low beams. I also have headlight off timer set to 30s, and the lights do turn off after the time is up.

Is this normal behaviour? Or is there a setting I may have set, or not set that's causing this. I'd like to have the lights stay on (low beam) for a bit after I've parked, but I normally park pointed into a main street, so I don't want to be blinding traffic every night.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Looks like it's "Coming Home Lights" doing its work. You can verify it by turning this feature off in lighting setup manual.

Back