Is this deal reasonable or ....

don't waste your time going from dealer to dealer. Email 15-20 within a 2 hour drive and play best offer against the others.

This! Think reverse auction via email. Keep going round until all but one drop out. Then give your preferred/closest dealer one last chance to match. Ive bought a dozen cars the last 10 years s this way for family and friends and it works very well unless the car is a new model just out or otherwise in limited supply.

This! Think reverse auction via email. Keep going round until all but one drop out. Then give your preferred/closest dealer one last chance to match. I*ve bought a dozen cars the last 10 years s this way for family and friends and it works very well unless the car is a new model just out or otherwise in limited supply.

You might get a decent price on the car but if you have a trade (which most people do) they try to make it back up by lowballing your trade.

You might get a decent price on the car but if you have a trade (which most people do) they try to make it back up by lowballing your trade.

Correct! I always get a few appraisals from CarMax and other dealers before the final visit. If they try to steal your trade, show them the other quotes and see if theyll match or come close. If not, visit second lowest bidding dealer and see what they offer. Bottom line is out-the-door including trade and lowest total wins.

You can always sell the trade to the best appraisal, but you may lose sales tax savings. In Colorado, trade is deducted before sales tax is calculated, saving 7% for City where I live. Dealer only has to offer 100/107*ths of best appraisal to match.

In Colorado, trade is deducted before sales tax is calculated, saving 7% for City where I live. Dealer only has to offer 100/107*ths of best appraisal to match.

Never done a trade-in deal, so this is good to know if I ever do. Thanks.

Back