Mazda's 1'st Electric Vehicle - Looks like a CX-5

But they leave out what to do when PV's age and die and the hazardous waste they create.

But they leave out what to do when PV's age and die and the hazardous waste they create.

Al least they can be recycled to a certain extent, whereas nuclear waste is another matter completely. Humanity has got to face facts, we consume to increase our living standards otherwise it's back to living in caves. If we don't want to go back living in caves we consume and use energy which produces waste whether it's a gas, liquid or solid. The other option is to move to another planet and f***k that one up as well. See this https://www.greenmatch.co.uk/blog/2017/10/the-opportunities-of-solar-panel-recycling

Take a look how this loyal Tesla Model X and Tesla Solar customer was treated. Not my idea of a good time.

To be fair, that video is from 2017 - A LOT has changed at Tesla in 2 years. Have there been MAJOR issues with warranty and parts shortages? Yes, but the bloody company is still a start-up, trying to survive in a market that has been rescued OVER and OVER by our governments, through bail-out's, and is heavily swayed by big-oil. MOST of the automobile manufacturers in the US should have gone bankrupt and shut down.. some, multiple times over.

I'm all for calling ANY company out for a lack of supply when its needed, and for all the criticisms that they deserve, and Tesla DOES have issues like other manufacturers, but I feel like Tesla gets a LOT of unwarranted negative press and negative Youtube/social media-ime by people who don't even own a bloody Tesla or have ever even SAT in one. Armchair critics. There's even been instances where reporters wrote articles with completely false information, only to be proven completely false by the data from the Tesla itself.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-tops-consumer-reports-owner-satisfaction-list-2019-2

Tell me - HOW is it possible that a company that is ragged on SO much by so many people online can TOP the list of automobile manufacturers in Consumer Reports' list of customer satisfaction if SO many people are not liking their Tesla's or having such horrible experiences? 89 out of 100 customers. In any world, that's pretty damn near perfect.

To be fair, that video is from 2017 - A LOT has changed at Tesla in 2 years. Have there been MAJOR issues with warranty and parts shortages? Yes, but the bloody company is still a start-up, trying to survive in a market that has been rescued OVER and OVER by our governments, through bail-out's, and is heavily swayed by big-oil. MOST of the automobile manufacturers in the US should have gone bankrupt and shut down.. some, multiple times over.

I'm all for calling ANY company out for a lack of supply when its needed, and for all the criticisms that they deserve, and Tesla DOES have issues like other manufacturers, but I feel like Tesla gets a LOT of unwarranted negative press and negative Youtube/social media-ime by people who don't even own a bloody Tesla or have ever even SAT in one. Armchair critics. There's even been instances where reporters wrote articles with completely false information, only to be proven completely false by the data from the Tesla itself.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-tops-consumer-reports-owner-satisfaction-list-2019-2

Tell me - HOW is it possible that a company that is ragged on SO much by so many people online can TOP the list of automobile manufacturers in Consumer Reports' list of customer satisfaction if SO many people are not liking their Tesla's or having such horrible experiences? 89 out of 100 customers. In any world, that's pretty damn near perfect.

That dog don't hunt.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/research/car-brands-with-the-most-and-least-loyal-owners/ss-BBKzSpF

You won't catch me in an EV anytime soon. I wrote a short research paper on electric and PHEV vehicles when I was in school (nearly 10 years ago). The major limiting factors back then are still the same: lack of infrastructure and total time to charge. Of course, since writing the paper, there have been significant improvements in both infrastructure and charging time, the improvements just haven't been significant enough. There are also issues with insurance costs, lack of available on-hand parts, finding a shop capable of working on a Tesla (which are really only the service centers).

That said, you really can't argue with what Tesla is trying to do. I saw an article about Tesla customer service the other day. Something about an app that provides real time scheduling updates for service appointments, trouble ticket creation, and live Tech Support via chat within the app. They also offer mobile service (tech comes to you to perform door latch actuator replacement). I had never heard of an automaker doing that until Tesla.

Last edited:
You won't catch me in an EV anytime soon. I wrote a short research paper on electric and PHEV vehicles when I was in school (nearly 10 years ago). The major limiting factors back then are still the same: lack of infrastructure and total time to charge. Of course, since writing the paper, there have been significant improvements in both infrastructure and charging time, the improvements just haven't been significant enough.

That said, you really can't argue with what Tesla is trying to do. I saw an article about Tesla customer service the other day. Something about an app that provides real time scheduling updates for service appointments, trouble ticket creation, and live Tech Support via chat within the app. They also offer mobile service (tech comes to you to perform door latch actuator replacement). I had never heard of an automaker doing that until Tesla.

When you don't have a dealer service department network, you kinda gotta dispatch techs.
EV's are going to be a force in 5-10 more years. As you say, just not yet.

just need more infrastructure for EV's, so that way it will lessen any range anxieties,
I thought Hydrogen was the way of the future, since the time to fill up isn't any different than gas, but of course the lack of infrastructure is an issue,
seems EV's are more mainstream than Hydrogen cars.

About the only thing that bothers me about people buying Teslas is said people getting tax benefits from doing so. Buy it or don't, don't expect me to subsidize $7,500 worth of it.

I'm not sure if that's still the case, but it was a few years ago and has bothered me ever since.

Unfortunately, subsidies are the ONLY way to make green fledgling industries competitive, until such time as they scale up their volumes. Solar panels, wind farms, electric cars, etc., all require subsidies to make them competitive out of the gate. Hopefully, as the industries ramp up to much larger volumes, the need will slowly disappear.

HOPEFULLY!

About the only thing that bothers me about people buying Teslas is said people getting tax benefits from doing so. Buy it or don't, don't expect me to subsidize $7,500 worth of it.

I'm not sure if that's still the case, but it was a few years ago and has bothered me ever since.

Unfortunately, subsidies are the ONLY way to make green fledgling industries competitive, until such time as they scale up their volumes. Solar panels, wind farms, electric cars, etc., all require subsidies to make them competitive out of the gate. Hopefully, as the industries ramp up to much larger volumes, the need will slowly disappear.

HOPEFULLY!

Nah, solar is competitive without subsidy, but yeah, subsidy is nice. I'm not mad at people buying Tesla with subsidies. Most of those people pay well over 7500/year in Federal taxes, and if t hey can get some of the money the government stole from them back, then hell yeah! I'm about to go solar at my house, and will get $11K of the taxes I paid this year back because of it. If you can keep Uncle Sugar from robbing you, you DO IT! Taxation is Theft.

Taxation is Theft.

Damn straight it is. It boggles my mind how many people here in Colorado are clamoring for us to get rid of our taxpayer's bill of rights (TABOR) built into our state constitution. Jokes on them if they actually succeed and we get hit with another recession after state spending goes unchecked over a cliff.

Last edited:
Same with corn.

Alright, guess I am not a fan of subsidies in general. Perhaps a mistake for me to single Tesla out.

Yeah, at least with Tesla, it's YOU who gets the subsidy. With fossil fuels...not so much you.

*Not a Tesla fanboy defending Tesla, but gotta call it how I see it.

The fossil fuel industry gets massive subsidies - most are well hidden tho...

80.7 billion dollar bailouts from 2008 to 2014.

Money well spent on companies making boring uninnovative cars, filling dealership lots full of product that doesn*t move fast. Only NOW are the domestic mfgrs innovating.

And people are concerned about incentives to buy vehicles that will help contribute to lowering co2 emissions dramatically. (bang)

How is it possible that Edmunds didn*t mention Tesla once in that entire article you pointed to and my post has Consumer Reports reporting exactly what I said? Lmao

Again, there*s a bias out there.

Yes, and it's yours. NOONE reviews Tesla favorably from a quality standpoint. You missed completely the point I was making, so I'll make it with Consumer Reports, since you want to keep circling back to that.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...es-cr-recommendation-over-reliability-issues/

I've been hearing about Tesla from coworkers for a couple years now (one has had his model 3 for about a year now), but I am old school (warming up to full electric) so Tesla has not been on my personal radar. This thread had me looking a little deeper into the quality/reliability issues a bit deeper. I was lurking on a Tesla forum the other day checking out owners thoughts and while some mentioned various issues all said that Tesla took care of those including drive units. What was interesting I thought was that all stated they loved their Tesla despite having to take it in for repair. To me that is interesting because I despise going to a dealership or having any issues with cars. If I have to go to the dealer for a repair I won't get that brand again. So far 2 Mazda cars and zero issues...touch wood.

My coworker with the model 3 loves his. No problem with it so far and before the 3 he had a great looking 4 series BMW that was constantly having major issues with a lot of repair costs.

Last edited:
I've been hearing about Tesla from coworkers for a couple years now (one has had his model 3 for about a year now), but I am old school (warming up to full electric) so Tesla has not been on my personal radar. This thread had me looking a little deeper into the quality/reliability issues a bit deeper. I was lurking on a Tesla forum the other day checking out owners thoughts and while some mentioned various issues all said that Tesla took care of those including drive units. What was interesting I thought was that all stated they loved their Tesla despite having to take it in for repair. To me that is interesting because I despise going to a dealership or having any issues with cars. If I have to go to the dealer for a repair I won't get that brand again. So far 2 Mazda cars and zero issues...touch wood.

My coworker with the model 3 loves his. No problem with it so far and before the 3 he had a great looking 4 series BMW that was constantly having major issues with a lot of repair costs.

Technically you could say the same thing about other brands with reliability issues (or perceived reliability issues) like BMW. I've read lots of stories of cars spending more time in the shop than on the road, but a lot of those people simply write it off because when they do get to drive it, the experience is worth it.

Latest posts

Back