Mazda's 1'st Electric Vehicle - Looks like a CX-5

They may just be testing on the CX-30 platform, the tech could be on anything. That's definitely a CX-30 though, based on the plastic cladding and rear tails.

Lol what terrible journalism. That*s obviously a CX-30 body. You can tell by the huge plastic wheel arches.

Tesla is junk. Wait for better mainstream options.

that's funny, cuz that's counter to almost every single Tesla owner I've come across. I haven't met a single one that doesn't love their car.

All of them say it has completely reinvigorated their driving experience, so.. that's odd you feel that way! But, alas, to each his own.

Unob- why the Tesla hate? You dont seem to be the type of guy to be running his mouth without experience to back it up. Nor the rolling coal retarded brain dead redneck moron type.

Just curious. Is it the holier than thou attitude of owners thinking theyre saving the planet while using coal fired plants to charge their cars? Theyre an American company, making cars in America, built by Americans.

Theyve only been around for a short amount of time but have made significant strides in the American market.

I wouldnt buy one because I think the infrastructure is still in its infancy in my area, and QC seems inconsistent. But no reason to hate.

Thx in advance.

that's funny, cuz that's counter to almost every single Tesla owner I've come across. I haven't met a single one that doesn't love their car.

All of them say it has completely reinvigorated their driving experience, so.. that's odd you feel that way! But, alas, to each his own.

They have horrible quality. They do have good driver satisfaction though. Think "Jeep".

Unob- why the Tesla hate? You don*t seem to be the type of guy to be running his mouth without experience to back it up. Nor the rolling coal retarded brain dead redneck moron type.

Just curious. Is it the holier than thou attitude of owners thinking they*re saving the planet while using coal fired plants to charge their cars? They*re an American company, making cars in America, built by Americans.

They*ve only been around for a short amount of time but have made significant strides in the American market.

I wouldn*t buy one because I think the infrastructure is still in its infancy in my area, and QC seems inconsistent. But no reason to hate.

Thx in advance.

They have run the company in the red every year its existed.
They have really strained relations with Panasonic
They continually fail to meet deadlines
They constantly cut cost and use low quality components, some not even rated for automotive use, and yet charge premium prices.
They beta test with customers, even brakes!
They "gatekeep", doing things like withholding performance/range that can be improved with over air updates until you pay more.

Tesla is trash from a trash company. Below you will find reasons for this, as explained above.

https://www.thedrive.com/tech/27989/teslas-screen-saga-shows-why-automotive-grade-matters
https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcr...recommendation-over-reliability-problems/amp/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...missing-nuts-bolts-production-targets-model-3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...usk-tesla-money-changes-cfo-employee-expenses
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/braking-distance-concern-by-consumer-reports.115893/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...-update-florida-extend-range-model-s-x-60-60d
https://www.google.com/amp/s/electr...investments-gigafactory-expansion-report/amp/

My two biggest gripes and why I "hate" is the beta testing essential vehicle components with customers, and gatekeeping. You cant tell me any responsible company would release a car without verifying brakes in-house before the launch! Also, how sleazy is that gatekeeping when you've already bought the car and its literally over air software update!?

I honestly believe I'll replace my cx5 GTR with electric in 7-10 years, but it damn sure won't be a POS Tesla.

-No, I dont hate electric.
-No, I dont believe it's the planet's savior, but it may save me money for fuel and maintenance.
-Yes, instant torque is cool!
-Murica! But Personally, I only buy Japanese cars until such time as American catches up.

Last edited:
Um, seriously? No personal experience and nothing but search engine results? I expected better. Ive only driven a Bolt, but the instant torque was quite impressive. Chevy design and materials were still underwhelming. Having said that-

1- most start ups never turn a profit, not unless theyre bought out.
2- Panasonic is a legacy company that shouldnt be in a live/die via Tesla situation.
3- missing production dead lines? Yeah, how did buyers feel? Some buyers wanted refunds, but more took delivery or planned to. Nothing alarming for a brand new auto manufacturer considering production complexity and Teslas sales volume.
4-yeah, Tesla has used some cost cutting techniques. Who hasnt? The most egregious in my eyes is the screen quality. Paint issues and fit and finish round out the complaints. But those can be found on any vehicle by any make.
5- beta testing a fully electric car? Id expect it to be in some of beta mode for another decade at least. At least problems can be resolved via over the air updates without annoying visits to a dealership.
6- gate keeping.., okay. Can be annoying. Im not going to really try and defend that position, but still not a show stopper.

You edited your post while I was writing. Ill just respond without bothering to edit my previous reply. Too annoying on my phone.

Your use of hate seems more hyperbole in nature. If so thats fine, but gets lost in stupid online conversations.

Yeah, I probably wont buy an American brand auto anytime soon, but it would be a Tesla before the big 3.

Hell id choose an Alpha over the Big 3. At least it would look sexy waiting for a tow. Lol.

Beta testing, en? Well, GM got away with their AFM (cylinder de-activation system) for 7 years at least. Who knows if they have got it right with latest iteration...
Then there's Mazda with... um... cylinder de-activation system... Beta-tested on live customers and failed few times...
Tesla failing with battery fires and auto-pilot? Yep, learning curve, we've been there before. I'm gonna wait few more years, maybe ten...

Um, seriously? No personal experience and nothing but search engine results? I expected better. I*ve only driven a Bolt, but the instant torque was quite impressive. Chevy design and materials were still underwhelming. Having said that-

1- most start ups never turn a profit, not unless they*re bought out.
2- Panasonic is a legacy company that shouldn*t be in a live/die via Tesla situation.
3- missing production dead lines? Yeah, how did buyers feel? Some buyers wanted refunds, but more took delivery or planned to. Nothing alarming for a brand new auto manufacturer considering production complexity and Tesla*s sales volume.
4-yeah, Tesla has used some cost cutting techniques. Who hasn*t? The most egregious in my eyes is the screen quality. Paint issues and fit and finish round out the complaints. But those can be found on any vehicle by any make.
5- beta testing a fully electric car? I*d expect it to be in some of beta mode for another decade at least. At least problems can be resolved via over the air updates without annoying visits to a dealership.
6- gate keeping.., okay. Can be annoying. I*m not going to really try and defend that position, but still not a show stopper.

Well, no, I wasnt inspired to buy one based on literally every report from CR to Vice to CNN and others condemning them. Ever broken your leg? How do you KNOW it sucks? Lol

All the hate the CRV catches on here just for fuel dilution, and this board is going to defend Tesla!?

Fanboyism.

Back